Bike Fit Cape Town - Northern Suburbs

Thetwakkie

2 hours ago, Daniel Amos said:

Try Cyclelab N1 City. They have the new IDMatch fitment station that adjusts while you're riding to find the right fit for you.
Did mine last week and what a difference it made, so much more comfortable on the bike now, has actually increased my output somewhat.

I think they're charging R1500 for the setup and it takes about 1 hour 30min.
If I'm not mistaken, they're the only store on the continent with the IDMatch setup station

20220929_210438.jpg

20220929_210452.jpg

Does this include the services of a physio or bio to actually check your medical issues and to incorporate this into the bike fit ?

23 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Does this include the services of a physio or bio to actually check your medical issues and to incorporate this into the bike fit ?

I doubt it includes a physio, it didn't for me but it does take into account previous injuries, current complaints, etc.

For example with me my right knee is shot after being in 2 motorcycle accidents and my left shoulder pains horribly after about 1 hour of riding. It took this into account in my setup and I have not had any pain while riding since.

At most they just ask what injuries you have, where is it uncomfortable when you ride, etc and all the is put into the system. The system then scans you while your riding and it makes minor adjustments while riding such as increasing saddle height, raising the bars, moving them forward, all while you're riding to find the fit that works for you.

There are also test saddles that can be 'loaned' out at a fee which is refunded when you return it, this helped me find a better fitting saddle.

1 minute ago, Daniel Amos said:

I doubt it includes a physio, it didn't for me but it does take into account previous injuries, current complaints, etc.

For example with me my right knee is shot after being in 2 motorcycle accidents and my left shoulder pains horribly after about 1 hour of riding. It took this into account in my setup and I have not had any pain while riding since.

At most they just ask what injuries you have, where is it uncomfortable when you ride, etc and all the is put into the system. The system then scans you while your riding and it makes minor adjustments while riding such as increasing saddle height, raising the bars, moving them forward, all while you're riding to find the fit that works for you.

There are also test saddles that can be 'loaned' out at a fee which is refunded when you return it, this helped me find a better fitting saddle.

Irma spends about 30 minutes doing a full assessment of the person before starting the actual bike fit.

This may well be of less importance to the younger healthier crowd ..... for those of us with some battle scars this do add a LOT of value.

Irma had a drawer full of saddles that we tried out until we found the one that my behind liked the most.

One more item to consider, subsequent sessions with Irma, to fine tune fitment as your body adjusts over time is at a much reduced rate.

On 8/20/2022 at 1:44 PM, Thetwakkie said:

Any recommendations for Bike Fits???

Another vote for Irma. 

4 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Irma spends about 30 minutes doing a full assessment of the person before starting the actual bike fit.

This may well be of less importance to the younger healthier crowd ..... for those of us with some battle scars this do add a LOT of value.

Irma had a drawer full of saddles that we tried out until we found the one that my behind liked the most.

One more item to consider, subsequent sessions with Irma, to fine tune fitment as your body adjusts over time is at a much reduced rate.

Thats awesome. Perhaps I will give Irma a try when / if I need another fit done. She's priced quite reasonable as well.