Dirt jumping CPT

Steve Addington

Good day readers and gravity activists.

I am looking for dirt jump spots. I know of gummies, it's above my house, a buddy and me are currently riding and building (maintaining) there. I know of Hellsend (not always open, I have heard), Bel Aire jumps, and Potato trails and Southern cross jumps: no clue where that is but it sound like a jol, if anyone would like to share the location please.

The other reason for the post, does anyone even still ride? I would like to find more "mates" to session with.

Thanks in advance
Steve A

7 minutes ago, Steve Addington said:

Good day readers and gravity activists.

I am looking for dirt jump spots. I know of gummies, it's above my house, a buddy and me are currently riding and building (maintaining) there. I know of Hellsend (not always open, I have heard), Bel Aire jumps, and Potato trails and Southern cross jumps: no clue where that is but it sound like a jol, if anyone would like to share the location please.

The other reason for the post, does anyone even still ride? I would like to find more "mates" to session with.

Thanks in advance
Steve A

Southern Cross jumps.....hmmmm....epic but I believe it a well protected spot, from what I heard...ride at your own risk...you'll have to ask around about who "manages"that spot...

Any information would help, I am one of those guys that will wait around till a local arrives to ask permission to ride. I am a fairly skilled jump builder and always fix what I broke. There is always a spade in my car and water as well. 

So if anyone still rides, come and spend a day at Gum trails we can session.

I was at the southern cross jumps in last year. Very unfriendly bunch. I didnt even have a bicycle with. But at least after speaking about building etc they started to have a short conversation. Havent been back. It is something I would like to do tho

3 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I was at the southern cross jumps in last year. Very unfriendly bunch. I didnt even have a bicycle with. But at least after speaking about building etc they started to have a short conversation. Havent been back. It is something I would like to do tho

Those jumps there are PROPER, you can see it has taken a lot of effort and skill to build, last time I looked in there about a month ago, signs of lack or riding/maintenance were starting to show, I really hope the guys who "manage" that place get back and spruce it up and ride again as it really is a spectacular show when they flying over the jumps, would be a pity to let it get re-absorbed into the wilderness....

• 3 months later...

Southern Cross and Bel Aire will require your contacting the builders as they are a tight community who put bloody sweat and tears into building with a strict "no build, no ride" policy

Chat to Johnty Neethling and/or Adi Van Der Merwe about Bel Aire

Chat to the Trails Crew about Southern Cross

Others:

Potato trails no longer exist

UCT are open to anyone

There are some jumps in CBD as well, but not sure who built or maintains them.

Plaisir de Merle has a long flow line with some big new jumps thrown in for good measure. The line starts of easy enough, but as you progress down the line the jumps get bigger. Some new additions were added recently making it probably the longest flow line around. But don't get thrown by the flow line bit. Those jumps are not tiny by any measure.

UCT jumps are derelict at the moment. Since the students were forced to go home for the Covid lockdown, it was left and had become overgrown since then. Then the fires ran right over it and the new growth took over. Also, some crazy person (I think fresh out of the funny farm) built there and you will find things that are absolutely NOT rideable, let alone safe. It needs a LOT of fixing up and demolition of some structures. Unfortunately that cannot happen before next winter as the clay is concrete hard this time of year.

Edited by DJR