[Event] PPA One Tonner

Pedal Power Association

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone explain why the One Tonner has a penalty of 15 in the racetec seeding?
I thought the penalty is for time passed since the event. Are there any other factors that influence the penalty?

8 minutes ago, waveduke said:

Could anyone explain why the One Tonner has a penalty of 15 in the racetec seeding?
I thought the penalty is for time passed since the event. Are there any other factors that influence the penalty?

I don't have a 15 penalty on the One Tonner,,, (There is a penalty on the DC though which I assume has something to do with the format of the race)

No penalty for One Tonner here either.

The DC seeding is a bit of a joke as they're comparing my mixed team time with a mens team time. But that's a topic for another day

2 hours ago, waveduke said:

2 things to check:

- Which 1 Tonner race did you do? Sometimes the shorter versions get a penalty (I did the 110km, also seeing a 15 penalty)

- (Less likely in this case) Ensure you're looking at Road Seeding, not MTB, I've made that mistake before.

Just checked my seeding now on the PPA site - it appears that the last event listed is still the Durbie Dash - is this the same for everyone?

1 hour ago, cadenceblur said:

Just checked my seeding now on the PPA site - it appears that the last event listed is still the Durbie Dash - is this the same for everyone?

DC and Paarl cycle tour

1 hour ago, babse said:

DC and Paarl cycle tour

strange, guess I should query this, did you do the 1 tonner and if so, is it listed?

EDIT : just saw that my 1 tonner result has been disregarded?

6 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

2 things to check:

- Which 1 Tonner race did you do? Sometimes the shorter versions get a penalty (I did the 110km, also seeing a 15 penalty)

- (Less likely in this case) Ensure you're looking at Road Seeding, not MTB, I've made that mistake before.

Ah - thanks for clarifying. I did the 110km route.

I wish I had known this beforehand. I wanted to improve my seeding for the CTCT but this backfired now with the penalty 🙂 
Doesn't really make sense to me though - could have kept it at 5 or so.