Insurance recommendations

Hi All,

Just purchased my first "new" MTB and need advise on preferred insurance companies. The 1st quote was just shy from my BMW GS1200 motorcycle insurance 😄 

Most insurance companies will let you add it to your home and car insurance.

Please note .... bicycles are insured for replacement cost.  This increase over time .... complete opposite to what we got used to with cars.

You may also want to look into "wearables cover" ....

Look at the "Stolen bikes" section .... lots of bikes stolen from homes.  Bear this in mind before selecting a package that only cover you while out riding.

As a broad guide .... less than R200 per month for R100k cover.

I'm with Compendium, reasonable premium for two bikes covered comprehensive. I've had hassle free claims and great customer service. 

Don't forget to insure your bike computer , saddle bag with content , and your kit you wear . When you fall or crash and those items are lost or broken you only then realize the replacement cost . I had a mishap with a dog running into my bike , i fell and ripped my kit , and my bike was not repairable so was replaced at full value and so was my kit including shoes . 

1 hour ago, Michael Christian Williams said:

Hi All,

Just purchased my first "new" MTB and need advise on preferred insurance companies. The 1st quote was just shy from my BMW GS1200 motorcycle insurance 😄 

I am a broker and can provide you with alternative quotes if you’re interested. Send me a PM if your keen.