Where to buy Praxis BB in Gauteng?

DehanL

I've been phoning around like a mad man trying to find a Praxis BB for a standard PF86 frame in Joburg. 

Does anyone perhaps know of a shop which stocks Praxis stuff? The interwebs has failed me dearly.

30mm spindle?

Why Praxis specifically? There are quite a few brands that make BBs that will fit.

Raceface / Easton, Cure Industries, Enduro, E13 and Rotor all make for this standard.

The Praxis uses a 28mm insert on the one side pressed into a 30mm bearing. You could salvage a insert and press into one side of normal pf30 bb. 

Specialized is the agent for Praxis so I would call Complete Cyclist. Although not much Praxis stock available.... I just changed from a praxis crank to shimano because I couldn't get decently priced chain rings. 

Its a weird crank and getting a BB is a pain. I ended up ordering one from Praxis in the uk a few years back

I recently saw a praxis crank with a little shim that made the spindle 30mm throughout i.e. it fit only on the 28mm section...doing this and then getting a 30mm BB might be the best option

3 hours ago, JulienR said:

Its a weird crank and getting a BB is a pain. I ended up ordering one from Praxis in the uk a few years back

I recently saw a praxis crank with a little shim that made the spindle 30mm throughout i.e. it fit only on the 28mm section...doing this and then getting a 30mm BB might be the best option

Interesting. I see what you mean. I unfortunately don't have an old Praxis BB, but that sounds like a great solution

You dont need an old bb...just a shim that goes over the crank spindle...it then makes it 30mm across

On 10/28/2022 at 5:20 PM, DehanL said:

No, not standard 30. Praxis uses a stepped BB. 30 drive side and 28 non drive

Ah. My condolences. I'd suggest setting it on fire then, along with whoever came up with this bright idea. 

1 hour ago, droo said:

Ah. My condolences. I'd suggest setting it on fire then, along with whoever came up with this bright idea. 

Couldn’t agree with you more. All this proprietary crap is really ruining the fun for me