Stolen: Cannondale SuperSix Evo Carbon Disc Ultegra 2020 (Western Cape)

Sibo

@SiboSorry about your incident, could you share some more info on what happened? I was bike jacked in a similar area in April.

Edited by MarcW

19 minutes ago, MarcW said:

Sorry about your incident, could you share some more info on what happened? I was bike jacked in a similar area in April.

THIS☝️

Sorry to hear about what happened. Please do share more info like time, MO etc as this is a road I cycle atleast 4 times a week and often solo, also sometimes late afternoon or even early morning.

Was riding towards Tokai from Constantia at 5h15. 150 meters to Tokai circle. A white Taxi comes past me, swerves left so i slow down - then the passenger door. 3 males step out wielding knives wearing buff's covering their faces. They ran towards me, i fell off my bike, while shouting - they took the bike & ran into the taxi with it. Taxi sped off... 20 mins later i got a call from a security guard at a nearby shopping center who had found my bike computer (Garmin) which they had thrown out the window on the M3 because when i fell the incident detection had started beeping. 

52 minutes ago, Sibo said:

Was riding towards Tokai from Constantia at 5h15. 150 meters to Tokai circle. A white Taxi comes past me, swerves left so i slow down - then the passenger door. 3 males step out wielding knives wearing buff's covering their faces. They ran towards me, i fell off my bike, while shouting - they took the bike & ran into the taxi with it. Taxi sped off... 20 mins later i got a call from a security guard at a nearby shopping center who had found my bike computer (Garmin) which they had thrown out the window on the M3 because when i fell the incident detection had started beeping. 

Fk man... sorry.

I've read a while ago here that someone was attacked with a similar MO on constantia nek, not long ago after I saw a taxi dropping off passengers up the road on the same road, decided to just turn around and not risk it, but the taxi just took off and left.

Scary times, you gotta be aware of everything these days and not only Golden arrows trying to take you out or stupid drivers speeding passed you to then slam on the brakes and turn in front of you

This is really unfortunate. If you can put up with the Savages talking *** and riding three abreast there is a crew that rolls past there on Tuesday and Thursdays. 

2 hours ago, Sibo said:

Sorry to hear about this incident.
Glad that you were not hurt.

Were you riding alone at the time ?

On 11/8/2022 at 12:13 PM, Sibo said:

So Sorry to hear bro.

Any idea where along the M3? That could help you distinguish if the Taxi had turned right onto the M3 from Tokai Road toward Steenberg or left toward Wynberg. Usually Taxi's dont ride off their routes, So if it was a Westlake Taxi, You could possibly go to the circle just before entering Westlake Business Park as they have camera at the security booms, Perhaps the shopping centre on the left also have cameras which can spot passing by vehicles too.

28 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

So Sorry to hear bro.

Any idea where along the M3? That could help you distinguish if the Taxi had turned right onto the M3 from Tokai Road toward Steenberg or left toward Wynberg. Usually Taxi's dont ride off their routes, So if it was a Westlake Taxi, You could possibly go to the circle just before entering Westlake Business Park as they have camera at the security booms, Perhaps the shopping centre on the left also have cameras which can spot passing by vehicles too.

Good point, Tokai Road also has a number of camera's operated by the neighbourhood watch - you can request for them to review the footage. @Sibo

Edited by MarcW