Morning rides - Blouberg to Melkbos / Koeberg & back

BigBeels

I've just moved to Westbeach & looking for a morning group ride to Melkbos (or Koeberg) & back.  

This ride would be week days on a MTB.  My pace the is about 25km/h, depending on wind.  Weekends would be in different, Tygerberg trails.
Time would be around 6am. Summer mornings are perfect!

Edited by BigBeels
Content change.

I live in Sunningdale and used to do this route a few times a week, but now I do a daily drive to Brackenfell for work, so I am unable to ride during the weeks anymore, which makes me a very sad and unfit.

I would have loved to join you, but there are plenty of people riding out that way in the mornings.

That bit about your average speed, depending on the wind had me smiling. Once you head south from Melkbos the wind lets you know how fit you really are.

15 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I live in Sunningdale and used to do this route a few times a week, but now I do a daily drive to Brackenfell for work, so I am unable to ride during the weeks anymore, which makes me a very sad and unfit.

I would have loved to join you, but there are plenty of people riding out that way in the mornings.

That bit about your average speed, depending on the wind had me smiling. Once you head south from Melkbos the wind lets you know how fit you really are.

Fully understand, yes I’m looking to meet a few to get my ass up! Unfortunately 6am is about as late possible with traffic & getting back to work etc, but could do 6:30.   Windy mornings are interesting- one way is like lightning, other way is a long climb! 🙂

Edited by BigBeels

38 minutes ago, BigBeels said:

Windy mornings are interesting- one way is like lightning, other way is a long climb! 🙂

That climb from Melkbos to Bigbay is the tallest and steepest hill in Cape Town . . . :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, BigBeels said:

When the SE is pumping, holding 10km/h on that route back is a solid work out! Haha

I achieved almost 60kph ave. speed on my mountain bike heading north during one particularly windy afternoon, and on my return my ave was around 4 kph. I'm proud to say I didn't call the missus to come fetch me either 🤣