Trail Hardtail E-Bike

BrandonH

So i love my trusty Silverback Slade Trail, but toying with the idea of buying an E-Bike as a second one, but not sure if there are any slightly aggressive hardtail E-Bikes out there? anyone here built one up? don't judge me, but it's going to be for general trail riding missions around Table Mountain and around the garden route. It's just so that i can spend more time out there and go further and the occasional Cederberg trip. I love riding a HT, so just wondering if there were any trail shredders out there on an E-Bike HT?

I own a soft-tail E-Bike, and in my case, given the additional weight of battery (500aH) and motor (500 watt) feel that a soft-taile-bike (full fat) benefits (‘needs’) the suspension, but keen to learn (it is a 26”er,chilled squirell conversion)

Cheers

Chris

@ChrisF thanks man, but yeah, thats a little too commuter for the type of riding i enjoy, just want something that can climb and shred a flow trail and single track on the way down, i dont do very techy type of riding so i dont need an extreme full suss e-bike, rather a slack hartail with good components. and no less than 140mm up front for sure

1 hour ago, BrandonH said:

@ChrisF thanks man, but yeah, thats a little too commuter for the type of riding i enjoy, just want something that can climb and shred a flow trail and single track on the way down, i dont do very techy type of riding so i dont need an extreme full suss e-bike, rather a slack hartail with good components. and no less than 140mm up front for sure

Hiehie ... point taken.

The Giant HT e-bike cetainly is a lot less "commuter/urban" ...

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/bikes-talon-eplus

Still a wide gap between "urban/commuter" and "trail shredder" ....

Would be interesting to see which of the local brands actually have a "trail shredder" HT ebike ....

Please keep us posted :thumbup:

...well then, maybe CONSIDER retro-fitting an 'aggressive' hardtail with an e-bike kit, usually around R20-R25K, and THAT way you could get exactly the bike you are looking for; just a thought...?