X-Fusion Lockout Lever Replacement

AllenH

Struggling with my X-Fusion Remote Lockout lever on my Titan Cypher Dash, it's been an issue from the beginning and the bike shop just "fixes it" which means it latches but doesn't lock out fully or says there is no stock of them all the time, since Feb 2022.

The new bikes at the store I bought it from and the ones at Cycle Lab with the same shock feel totally different and actually lock so it's not an issue with the shock or it's assembly and it's definitely not meant to half lockout which is another excuse I was given.

Where can I go to get a new one or an aftermarket universal one because my trusted friend Mr Google doesn't have any answer in SA and I don't know if aftermarket/other brands will work

Edited by AllenH

1 hour ago, AllenH said:

Struggling with my X-Fusion Remote Lockout lever on my Titan Cypher Dash, it's been an issue from the beginning and the bike shop just "fixes it" which means it latches but doesn't lock out fully or says there is no stock of them all the time, since Feb 2022.

The new bikes at the store I bought it from and the ones at Cycle Lab with the same shock feel totally different and actually lock so it's not an issue with the shock or it's assembly and it's definitely not meant to half lockout which is another excuse I was given.

Where can I go to get a new one or an aftermarket universal one because my trusted friend Mr Google doesn't have any answer in SA and I don't know if aftermarket/other brands will work

Still under warranty? 

If so escalate to the owner of the shop and insist on a replacement off of another bike if stock is such an issue. Also be sure to call the shop out on social media. Seems to be the only way these days to fix stubborn service issues. 

BS that they can't get it right. 

21 minutes ago, Hamstring said:

Try Black Sheep Bikes Jaco was involved with X-Fusion some years back and may have stuff lying about.

Thanks, I'll drop them a mail. I checked their site, they only had new shocks with the lockout which is honestly the last resort.

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

Still under warranty? 

If so escalate to the owner of the shop and insist on a replacement off of another bike if stock is such an issue. Also be sure to call the shop out on social media. Seems to be the only way these days to fix stubborn service issues. 

BS that they can't get it right. 

I believe it should be? It's not even 1 Year old and I have been complaining and being patient since I got it earlier in the year while there was a shortage of bikes and parts. Luckily I have it in writing over whatsapp.

My favorite is when they said it's supposed to be like that 🤣

I messaged the Titan Rep on the hub to check if they really don't have stock before I go the social media route.

4 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Sounds a lot like “the ‘Lab”

Send an email to Andrew Mclean if it is. 

DM for his email. 

It's not, they did some other unscrupulous things to take advantage of a noob but that seems to be the norm in this industry.

Like taking a Stans Tubeless Kit to the workshop to "convert" rims that come tubeless ready and then still put cheap rim tape on before they turn around and say the cheap rim tape won't last 🤔 which it didn't, obviously.

The X-fusion lockout lever is spring loaded since the spring on the seatpost actuation mechanism is not very strong...so I do not think you can use any free floating 3rd party levers

14 minutes ago, guidodg said:

The X-fusion lockout lever is spring loaded since the spring on the seatpost actuation mechanism is not very strong...so I do not think you can use any free floating 3rd party levers

If you are talking about their droppers and dropper levers, you can use any dropper lever you want.

I have used Lyne, BikeYoke and a diy dropper lever from a 2x shifter to great success with my X-fusion dropper. 

7 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

If you are talking about their droppers and dropper levers, you can use any dropper lever you want.

I have used Lyne, BikeYoke and a diy dropper lever from a 2x shifter to great success with my X-fusion dropper. 

ah ok sorry, op was talking about a shock…

regarding other dropper levers on the x- fusion dropper I have tried other levers but the actuation return spring on the Manic is very weak and really should only be used with the X-fusion spring assisted lever

14 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I've always had this feeling about x fusion. Feel a bit better that now I'm right...

I don't think it's anything against the brand, this one lever was a dud or not set properly from the beginning by the shop... Any decent shop would have swapped it chop chop and I'd have been on my merry way.

Hang on, is the cable length not wrong to the sleeve length? ie: too short a cable which creates tension/pulling motion on the mechanism (because the sleeve is too long), and prevents total lock out? 

image.png.1a5bdca6c3a63be466a1816b6f45a385.png

We run a Wolftooth lever on the x-fusion manic and it works like an absolute charm - if the cable length and sleeve is correct

I also run a lyne and it came with a spacer/cable end nut if you wish to run the cable end on the dropper instead of the lever (opposite cable direction to the x-fusion). It came with a spare, you're welcome to it if you wish. It will allow you to use just about any type of lever that clamps the cable at the bar. It'll also allow you to have more finite control over the cable length. 

image.png.f83df930e7eea9e17d3fc446dee2320f.png

Edited by 117

16 hours ago, guidodg said:

ah ok sorry, op was talking about a shock…

regarding other dropper levers on the x- fusion dropper I have tried other levers but the actuation return spring on the Manic is very weak and really should only be used with the X-fusion spring assisted lever

I can only talk about my experience, but maybe you have a defective unit, because the return spring of mine is plenty strong and has a rad lever feel with my bikeyoke triggy lever.

On 11/29/2022 at 10:10 AM, AllenH said:

I think your problem might be with the shock and not the lever. The lever's only job is to pull the cable a set amount before the ratchet clicks in place.  The shock has a cam/pulley that is pulled by the cable into a position that puts the damping circuit in the locked state. If the cable isn't set up correctly, it won't lock the shock. ie too little tension. 80% odds of this being the issue 

If the shock itself is faulty, then no amount of cable pulling will lock it out. 15% that this is the issue. Leaving a 5% chance that I'm mistaken and the lever itself is faulty. 

Either way, get the bike to a shop where someone with some mechanical knowledge can help you. 

Or phone Robbie at RBC in PE, he'll probably be able to sort it out in the dark, with a blindfold on.