Trails in Gqeberha

Beenie

This is awesome, I am from PE so one day I will use this as a guide when I can head down with my bike. The only sort of trail I remember ridiing(with friends) was around William Moffett which kind of reminds me of the Spruit. Thanks everyone. 

12 minutes ago, Peewee1 said:

This is awesome, I am from PE so one day I will use this as a guide when I can head down with my bike. The only sort of trail I remember ridiing(with friends) was around William Moffett which kind of reminds me of the Spruit. Thanks everyone. 

Only "trail" I knew growing up near the Moffat was the storm drain down the side for skateboarding!!!!

Moved to PE recently, and this has great timing to introduce me to the local trails. I have done Haterdale (Actually in Addo, but still close) and Norm Hudlin so far, nothing too technical. Now I have a much bigger TODO list for the rest of December. 

7 hours ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

Moved to PE recently, and this has great timing to introduce me to the local trails. I have done Haterdale (Actually in Addo, but still close) and Norm Hudlin so far, nothing too technical. Now I have a much bigger TODO list for the rest of December. 

There are a few challenging descents into and out of the Baakens Valley (XC-style) and the potential combinations of trails/pathways right through the length of the Valley is quite staggering.  Crossways is also highly recommended.

Plenty of elevation at 3Rivers / Crossways, but mostly long tedious climbs. Purple cow down is fun though :) Don't think you need an enduro bike though.

Hayterdale isn't too far away, and I hear that's pretty decent too.

1 hour ago, MrJacques said:

Plenty of elevation at 3Rivers / Crossways, but mostly long tedious climbs. Purple cow down is fun though :) Don't think you need an enduro bike though.

Hayterdale isn't too far away, and I hear that's pretty decent too.

That downhill section is a hoot. The Forts Loop is also very scenic but goodness I nearly died a 100 times on that trail 2 weeks ago

13 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

That downhill section is a hoot. The Forts Loop is also very scenic but goodness I nearly died a 100 times on that trail 2 weeks ago

Red Holstein was more than plenty for me a few weeks ago and I said no to an invite for the Forts loop. Oxwagon and Purple Cow are enough for me.

Black Mamba is pretty tough for a 6km loop. A trail bike would be adequate there for a skilled rider imo.

Edited by MrJacques

1 minute ago, MrJacques said:

Red Holstein was tough enough for me a few weeks ago and I said no to an invite for the Forts loop. Oxwagon and Purple Cow are enough for me.

Black Mamba is pretty tough for a 6km loop. A trail bike would be adequate there for a skilled rider imo.

Done Red Holstein quite awhile ago but that Forts Loop is proper tough. Awesome views but man it was the slowest ride I have done in ages.

2 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Done Red Holstein quite awhile ago but that Forts Loop is proper tough. Awesome views but man it was the slowest ride I have done in ages.

Then black porcupine is definitely out of the question 😅

3 minutes ago, MrJacques said:

Then black porcupine is definitely out of the question 😅

Absolutely. Also Grand Black. Won't even think about it 😂