Cannondale scalpal

Cobelix

Good day. 

is it possible to get a conversion kit to get a cannondale scalpel (2016 carbon) to fit a normal size BB, crankset, and headset for a tapperd steerer fork?

regards 

Cobus de wet 

I have seen a BB reducer that steps the BB down from the 30mm standard to Shimano's 24mm spindles, so that's a yes,

similar for the headset - yes you can get a reducer. I have one if you like 

16 minutes ago, 100Tours said:

I have seen a BB reducer that steps the BB down from the 30mm standard to Shimano's 24mm spindles, so that's a yes,

Shimano’s axles are too short to run on the scalpels. The team is running shimano yes, but those are team only xtr cranksets. Its the case with all of cannondales pf30a 83 bikes

If your scalpel is a 2016 model then it is unlikely to be the Si model. 
If your frame is a true 2013-2016 model scalpel Carbon it will have a BB30a bottom bracket at 78mm width. 
Fitting a Shimano 2x crankset will be troublesome because these are designed for 73mm bb shells that are symmetric. Oh you may be thinking hey that’s not so bad because I can just shim it…..

think some more, the bb30a is asymmetric with 5mm added on the non drive side…. Fizzlesticks, what tomphuckery is this….

Any 2x crank used needs to be a longer axle version. Shimano 1x11 and SRAM bb30 long axle cranks fitted these bikes.

but fear not there is a solution.

enter Shimanos M8125 XT and M9125 XTR cranks for 55mm chain line bikes ( essentially those with super boost rear hubs). These will fit a 2017-2020 Scalpel Si PF30A-83 bb as well as a PF30A or BB30A . You will need a box of spacers to get the chainline right but these are the cranks the cannondale factory racing team uses.
confused? Just be glad you’re not cannondale stock control officer!!!

Edited by DieselnDust

Thanx for all the reply's. its starting to look like a bigger headache and money pit I am keen for.. it actually takes a BB30 and not BB30A? Does this mean its not a 2016?

22 hours ago, 100Tours said:

the reducer you have, is it for a tapperd fork tube or straight?

3 hours ago, Cobelix said:

Thanx for all the reply's. its starting to look like a bigger headache and money pit I am keen for.. it actually takes a BB30 and not BB30A? Does this mean its not a 2016?

They all say BB30 but I doubt it is a true bb30 (42mm bore and 73mm wide.

post a pic of it and I’ll tell you what year model or at least generation it is and what bb it has.

the headset is easy , it’s just a Headshok to tapered reducer and omnico has one of those available as all scalpels up to the 2020 model year used Headshok head tubes just of varying lengths

Edited by DieselnDust