MTB Getaway in the Western Cape??

Josh Baptie

Hi All!
Looking for some advice or if anyone knows about some hidden gems!

Would like to set off for abit of a MTB getaway this festive season for 2-3 days. Ive been through the plethora of options available online however not quite what im looking for. trying to find something with either a camping ground or has accomodation that is nearby the trail heads or even requires you to bike to the camp ground but NOT 100km or gravel road or 40km of flat single track😅 Looking for something that is adventurous with red to black level tech trails. Im not sure if anyone know about any such places or has any experiences . Something like a 2-3hour radius from Cape town or even abit further as long as its worth it. Even if there is maybe an amazing bike park out there somewhere with a good trail network.

Something similar to the Jonkerhoek level of riding and landscape would be awesome

Hoping to get some options to look into.

Cheers!

Is it for the festive season in 2023?

I know cape town people are apathetic but this is asking a lot. All the nice places were booked when Cyril downgraded us to covid Level 1. so if you can find something, it will be cr@p or full of the spook en diesel crowd.

off the top of my head, if you can find somewhere to stay in grabouw or greyton then you might be in luck.

1 hour ago, Josh Baptie said:

Hi All!
Looking for some advice or if anyone knows about some hidden gems!

Would like to set off for abit of a MTB getaway this festive season for 2-3 days. Ive been through the plethora of options available online however not quite what im looking for. trying to find something with either a camping ground or has accomodation that is nearby the trail heads or even requires you to bike to the camp ground but NOT 100km or gravel road or 40km of flat single track😅 Looking for something that is adventurous with red to black level tech trails. Im not sure if anyone know about any such places or has any experiences . Something like a 2-3hour radius from Cape town or even abit further as long as its worth it. Even if there is maybe an amazing bike park out there somewhere with a good trail network.

Something similar to the Jonkerhoek level of riding and landscape would be awesome

Hoping to get some options to look into.

Cheers!

Thats a tough ask if you are from cape town. Lots of trails around but, not the type of trails you looking for. I know Helderberg had/has accomodation on the mountain so that puts you right on the trail.

Other than that you gonna have to travel a fair bit if you want gravity orientated trails. Best bet would then be Garden route. I cant say I know of anything closer.