Extra battery for eBike

Johan van der Walt

Battery is usually easy , the other fittings that play with your frame to make it fit and remove so lekker are a little more tricky 

Your local Scott dealer can order it from the distributors.

The battery and the frame colour matched outer cover are two separate items.

EDIT - The previous generation had the external battery with the colour matched cover.  The new bikes have internal batteries .... which also means the shape and size is critical.

Edited by ChrisF

Batteries are available in different amperages and sizes from various suppliers. The matching connectors are your problem but can be sourced from Trysome  https://www.trysome.co.za/products . With car and bike restoration i have come across many different types of connectors for the electrical system and have used them many times . Many times it was worth changing both male and female connectors if i could not get a exact match . 

Thanks for the replies, I was told a spare battery (625w) is around R20 000 and a range extender is R30 000. Does anyone have a cheaper option?

I will use it just once a year for the Argus so its a bit expensive to justify.

35 minutes ago, Johan van der Walt said:

BikeInn is  Europe (??) based seller, despite the qouted Rand values.

Allow for:

1. Courier ... avoid SA post office

2. Duties ...

I bought my second battery for a holiday trip, needed the extra range ....  Now I enter longer events and do longer rides on a regular basis.

Most certainly, the price leaves a sour taste !!  But once you have the second battery a new world opens up 👍👍

Bought from the dealer where I bought the bike.

Have you considered how to carry the spare battery ?

The battery for the Giant is a long device !!! 😵  Only one of the Thule bags were long enough to fit it .... needless to say, the Thule bag adds to the cost of this excercise.

I have seen people using a custom canvas bag that straps to the frame to hold the spare just below the primary.

On my HT, i.e. my roadie, I use a carrier with a cradle for the spare battery.  This works very nice .... looks is another topic, but frankly not carrying a backpack is well worth it.