Titan flip chip

Francois Venter

I have a titan cypher team 2021, I see the bike has a flip chip and it has got me curios. 

I was wondering what the difference would be in the ride feeling if the lower position had a head tube angle is 0.5 degree and a 5mm lower bb height. 

does these slight changes make a big difference? And does anyone know what the flip chip looks like in what position.

B4DB5CF5-462E-475D-B4D1-FA1693BAE8B6.jpeg

From the picture I can tell you the bike is in the 'High" position 

the differences are marginal but simply in 'LOW" the bike will climb slightly less efficient but feel more confidence inspiring on downhills and at high speed. 

The inverse will happen when in 'HIGH' , honestely I hardly feel the difference in my bike and have only noticed that I hit the bash guard slightly more offten when its in low 

The setting depends on what way i put the chips back while doing the last pivot service , I really can't be bothered to be honest 

10 hours ago, Francois Venter said:

Oh ok, thanks for explaining it. I think I’ll just swap it around and just try it 

Make extra sure you torque the fastner correctely ....many people just want to try and end up losing the chip or bolt , or both. 

Enjoy 

TREK has the same concept - I have always kept mine in High - 29ers already have low BB height and lowering it even more means more pedal strikes and i need all the help i can get on climbs.

lowering the ctr of gravity on downhills and at high speed - use a dropper post - it has far more of an effect than setting the pivot on the low setting

I'm the opposite

I always set mine in 'low' and forgot about it.

Downcountry with a focus on enjoying the Downs. A little slacker and a little longer while still being efficient ftw