MTB Chain tensioner

kk6gan

Hi, 
I have built up an old hardtail and converted to single speed. I am currently using an old rear mech as a chain tensioner, but it doesn't look the best.

Anyone know of any chain tensioners I could purchase locally, either online or in the greater Cape Town area?

I have seen the offering from Rapidé, but am looking around to see if there are any other options.

Any suggestions?

I have a almost brand new Rapide kit that I want to sell if interested  - used for one or two rides and then converted the bike to a time trail bike. PM me if interested  

Last try, anyone aware of any options for chain tensioners available locally?

I am aware of the Rapidé options, looking to see if anything else is available.

I was going to suggest the DMR STS tensioner that I have on my bike, but then I realized that I’ve swapped it with a Rapide tensioner like the one you seem to avoid. I swapped it because the Rapide tensioner works really well, whereas the DMR was a las. 
my local ; Williams Bike Shop used to have a few tensioner options, so there used to be options available. 

On 3/10/2023 at 10:37 AM, kk6gan said:

Last try, anyone aware of any options for chain tensioners available locally?

I am aware of the Rapidé options, looking to see if anything else is available.

I’ve tried multiple tensioners over the years and Rapide is the best. 

Stop being so stubborn. 😂