Bike Check: Christopher Blevin's Cape Epic Winning Specialized Epic EVO

News bot

6 hours ago, Headshot said:

https://bikenetwork.co.za/leaked-cape-epic-switches-to-enduro-race-format-for-2024-and-beyond/

It had to happen! 

The Evo mode will become even more important going forward in the Epic, but I think Blevins will now opt for the missing dropper post to maximize DH speed for the new format. 

Super pumped to see the Epic racers shredding the gnar!

You know what the date is tomorrow of course.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/30/2023 at 2:23 PM, J Wakefield said:

Rather point out the good things about it. Life isn't about finding fault, even as small as a T head spoke. 

On that, Damit this bike is sexy😍

I will ‘bite’, since it’s become fashionable to ‘hate’ on the Brain (and Spez generally…) 😙

I rode 2005/2006/2007 Cape Epics, 2 of which on a brain-equipped 26”er, which I could ONLY afford since Willie Engelbrecht broke his collarbone, and sold it to me at a VERY fair price.

The brain- equipped Spez Epic really assisted me, 8 fairly brutal days in the saddle (admittedly easier courses than today, but Groenlandberg…) and as a less-experienced MTBer (Tri background), front & rear Brains were 2 less things to think about, when hammering from a long/tiring/high-speed dirt section into single track, etc.

In my case, I really DO think it made a difference. Am a mid-pack rider, managed 106th and 107th 2 years running, early (less-technical) CE’s were more suited to my riding style, being big-ring, dirt road stuff, then I needed to THINK LESS hitting a tech section!

So, ONE vote for the Brain, back then!🥰
Chris

Edited by Zebra