TransBaviaans The Repeat 2023 Partner

Christian

Hey guys/gals,

I am looking for a partner for the TransBaviaans The Repeat 2023 as unfortunately my partner from last year wont be joining me this year. I already have the entry paid for and some of the accommodation booked.

I rode 17h28 last year and would like to aim for similiar or a sub 17 this year. I stay in Honeydew so I would prefer if it would be someone close by, but willing to travel a bit to do long rides or meet up somewhere in the middle.

Happy to share any additional info about me, my cycling V02 Max is 53, Running V02 Max is 48 and my W/kg is 2.73.

No offense, but with those values you'll be able to finish closer to 15. I am sooo keen to do it again this year but unfortunately I won't be able to. Good luck, I am sure you'll get someone. 

O, I do have a friend in Roodepoort who did it with me in 2019. I can reach out and find out 

Hey Robert, none taken, thanks for the vote of confidence :) 

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind asking your friend. Let me know if I need to send you my cellphone number if he is not on the forum.

• 1 month later...

hey all .. I am also looking for some team mates for The Repeat .. aiming for an 18kmh average (not racing just enjoying, around a 14-15 hour ride) .. have done 5 TB's so far .. if anyone is out Fourways side and looking for team mates please feel reach out .. accommodation for THU + FRI outside Willowmore is booked.

- Andrew

I live in Cape Town and have never done this.

How much would the whole shebang cost if you didn't find anyone in Jozi and I met you there?

I have been through the Baviaans in various other events and situations. I am over 40 and 'relatively' fit.

Done a few pretty long events so I'm sure I will manage. It looks pretty cool 

15 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

How much would the whole shebang cost if you didn't find anyone in Jozi and I met you there?

I have been through the Baviaans in various other events and situations. I am over 40 and 'relatively' fit.

Event entry is around R3000-R3500 per person depending on team size. A 2 or 3 person team is normally best; more bikes = more technicals (potential).

I normally stay the THU + FRI on a farm outside Willowmore .. get a little pedal in on the Friday to do final bike test and then the SAT + SUN in Jeffreys Bay.

The bigger costs and challenges are the logistics @Jewbacca, eg flying in and out or driving (then car shuttle / transfer). Feel free to DM me if interested and we can have a chat.

19 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

image.png.c4817ba9fa823c4a5a007969f09daddb.png

4 hours ago, woodzza said:

Event entry is around R3000-R3500 per person depending on team size. A 2 or 3 person team is normally best; more bikes = more technicals (potential).

I normally stay the THU + FRI on a farm outside Willowmore .. get a little pedal in on the Friday to do final bike test and then the SAT + SUN in Jeffreys Bay.

The bigger costs and challenges are the logistics @Jewbacca, eg flying in and out or driving (then car shuttle / transfer). Feel free to DM me if interested and we can have a chat.

OK cool, that's a fair bit of dolla. 

My BMX doesn't need much checking over mechanically, but a pre race ride is always good.

Last time I was in Willowmore was almost exactly 10 years ago on RASA! 

Let me have a chat to the wife and see what the plans look like in August. She is taking 3 weeks leave so it might be perfect. I will be in touch.

On 4/13/2023 at 2:04 PM, Christian said:

Hey guys/gals,

I am looking for a partner for the TransBaviaans The Repeat 2023 as unfortunately my partner from last year wont be joining me this year. I already have the entry paid for and some of the accommodation booked.

I rode 17h28 last year and would like to aim for similiar or a sub 17 this year. I stay in Honeydew so I would prefer if it would be someone close by, but willing to travel a bit to do long rides or meet up somewhere in the middle.

Happy to share any additional info about me, my cycling V02 Max is 53, Running V02 Max is 48 and my W/kg is 2.73.

@Christian are you still on the hunt for a team also?