Bike auction: songo.info and Soil Searching Shaping Better Futures

News bot

songo.info are auctioning two limited edition Specialized Bicycles to raise funds for their trail building internship programme. Specialized Bicycle’s Soil Searching programme is a movement to recognise and support the trail builders who help shape our sport and ensure our stoke. Since 2018, it has provided financial, organisational and outreach support for trail systems around […]

View full article

1 hour ago, thebob said:

Seems silly to make it an auction as you limit what your could make from it. A raffle might work better? I know I'd buy a few tickets

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I fully agree and I wish Songo.info could run a raffle. We’re investigating how to do so in future so watch this space!
However, It’s not as straightforward as you’d think: a ‘society lottery’ or raffle requires registration and approval by the National Lotteries Commission and is subject to audit. We focus on using our limited resources to make as big an impact as possible in Kayamandi with our sport, education and life skills programmes. Unfortunately, we don’t have the resources to invest in setting up a raffle at this stage, so auction it is.

On a separate note: you’re welcome to donate to the cause at any time if you feel drawn to doing so. There’s a ‘donate’ button on the website.

And we love inviting riders (and the general public) to come see the work we do at the Songo clubhouse and check out our BMX track. It is a true community hub and never fails to blow people away! You are officially invited next time you’re in Stellenbosch! 😉

Edited by two hands

I agree with @thebob, I'm way more keen to sponsor (loose) a few hundred rand than place a bid of more than R80 000!