[Event] Muratie Mountain Series

chicksdigdirt

Event Name: Muratie Mountain Series
When: 30/07/2023
Where: Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

Exclusive route for intermediate to advanced mountain bikers only. This event will be a singletrack experience of 52km and will take limited pre-entries only.

1550m of climbing - options to ‘bail out’ earlier... More than 40km of singletrack with 50% of the route not normally open to public.

Entry fee: R650 per person includes

·      Bottle of Muratie wine – collect at registration or at finish

·      Coffee before the start & glass of wine afterwards

·      Event headband / ‘buff’

·      Exclusive singletrack experience on private land in the Knorhoek Valley, Simonsberg

·      Well stocked waterpoints on route & at finish

·      Finishers medal

·      Trail Tag live timing

·      Post event entertainment at Muratie Cellar – live music from the Dennis brothers

·      Bike wash after the ride

·      Prizemoney for first full distance winners Male & Female. Awards at 12h00.

·      Lucky draw hamper prizes by 13h00.

Go to Event Page.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Uhmmmm .... which weather forecast are you using ? :eek:

Sunday will be dry. Plesier😅

Edited by MORNE

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Sunday will be dry. Plesier😅

That would be nice after months of wet weekends .... :P

8 hours ago, BikeGenie said:

could still be a slop fest... or dero hirt!

You just ride in front, we’ll follow in your  sloppy seconds😇

So. Overal hard ride. Cold and wet. Mud was worse than the steep route profile. Meurants trails also lived up to their reputation. Not many free km's. 

I'm getting to bed early tonight. 

Nice trails. Yes, the mud made it slightly more difficult but overall fun day out with good company. Ive been told this by someone before and I have to agree, some of the ‘easiest’ climbing trails. You almost don’t even notice how fast you go up. What we enjoyed the most was the fact that we’ve never ridden there before and so the ‘not knowing where you are at any point’ added to the adventure and fun.

also, i know this was a XC event, but guys…there is such a thing as wrong tire for conditions 😅. Weight isnt always everything haha. A racing ralph, ardent race and rekon does not a good slop tire make😊 a few people with caked up tires sliding along…especially on the downs where i can imagine how dodge some of those new sections had to feel with the exposure element if you had no traction.

leka!