Silverback Stride SX vs Scott Scale 980

Thoneshan

Hi all,

Any thoughts / comments between a choice of these 2 bikes (2022 models).
The Silverback has SRAM components and the Scott has Shimano. Any difference between these two, and overall on the bikes?
Also, if I wanted to trade / sell in a few years which has better resale value between the brands?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Thoneshan
Added another question

I would probably buy the Scott Because I prefer Shimano and Like the Brand

The Silverback has a RS Judy vs The Suntour XCR on the Scott.

RS is Better than Suntour on Small Bump Compliance.

Tough Choice !!!!!

7 hours ago, Thoneshan said:

Hi all,

Any thoughts / comments between a choice of these 2 bikes (2022 models).
The Silverback has SRAM components and the Scott has Shimano. Any difference between these two, and overall on the bikes?
Also, if I wanted to trade / sell in a few years which has better resale value between the brands?

Thanks in advance

The brakes on the silverback, Nutt, are knock off tektro brakes. The rear brake goes bad after a while. Takes about 2 to 3 squeezes to work again. I have seen this happen on a lot of Silverback Stride SX bikes. And for some reason this is not a bleeding problem. I think they are just bad quality.

Also the sram sx derailleur will need to be replaced in the future, it will wear out and shifting will be a problem. Just go with a bike with a shimano drivetrain in that price range.