CAPE TOWN to host UCI Marathon Champs '28

babse

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

I don't know track beyond the basics, but I would think spending bundles of cash on the discipline might benefit very few people.

Would guess there are much more deserving cycling projects out there with higher returns for a wider spectrum of people (on the assumption you can't fund them all)

it s a bit of a if you build it they will come.

With the Velodrome I think its key issue is location. I rode track far more when we still had one at the Green Point Stadium and Vygieskraal in Rylands/Athlone.

Tygervalley is long way to haul from the southern suburbs.  I think from a useage perspective the Velodrome needs to open itself to other forms of training. I really should be the cycling hub for the western Cape but it isn't and again location doesn't lend itself to this

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Completely agree. Wasn't a dig at you, more a general comment on the self depreciation remark separately, I should have been clear. 

Def did not think that, maybe I should get in touch more with my sensitive side. Woke or whatever they call that 

23 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

it s a bit of a if you build it they will come.

With the Velodrome I think its key issue is location. I rode track far more when we still had one at the Green Point Stadium and Vygieskraal in Rylands/Athlone.

Tygervalley is long way to haul from the southern suburbs.  I think from a useage perspective the Velodrome needs to open itself to other forms of training. I really should be the cycling hub for the western Cape but it isn't and again location doesn't lend itself to this

I'm not sure when last you were out on this side of the boerie curtain but the Northern 'Burbs are growing at a helluva rate, in all directions. I'm pretty confident that both the athletics and cycling track will be seeing an upsurge in usage going forward.

Already track racing is attracting weekly numbers it hasn't seen in years, partly thanks to a few dedicated people like Duncan Mac Intyre (and others) who are investing huge amounts of personal time and effort in coaching and helping new riders.

Go check out WP Track on FB to get an update on what's going down at the Velodrome on a weekly basis and maybe bring a few mates and come through and watch some racing in summer, it's always a fun night out 🤙

back to the topic

I am hoping that SANPARKS was on board with this. Would be cool to see some new trail development over the next few years all over table mountain.

Some multi level routes that goes around the mountain without touching tar.

23 minutes ago, Yyyy said:

back to the topic

I am hoping that SANPARKS was on board with this. Would be cool to see some new trail development over the next few years all over table mountain.

Some multi level routes that goes around the mountain without touching tar.

Sanparks building trails !

Goodfellas Laugh Meme Generator - Imgflip