[Event] PPA Funride

Pedal Power Association

Event Name: PPA Funride
When: 12/11/2023
Where: Perdeberg Cellar, Western Cape
Category: Road

Join us for the PPA Funride taking place on Sunday, 12 November 2023 at Pederberg Cellar. There will be two distances to choose from; the short route will be 44 km and the long route will be 86 km. Tandems and E-Bikes are welcome to ride.

Finishers medal, a beautiful on route experience, fully stocked waterpoints and as usual Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages will be waiting for you at the finish with an ice cold Coke. Perdeberg Cellar will be open for delicious food and something to drink, be sure to book a table while you wait for lucky draw to take place at 10h30.

COST:

44 km Short Route:

PPA Member: R220

Non-PPA Member: R270

86 km Long Route:

PPA Member: R370

Non-PPA Member: R470

Please note if you are not a PPA Member or a CSA license holder you will be required to take out a CSA Day License.

DISTANCE: 44 km and 86 km

STARTING TIME: From 06h00 for the long route and short route from 07h00

CUT OFF: 11h00

LUCKY DRAW: 10h30

ENTRIES CLOSE: Tuesday, 7 November 2023 at 09h00

START GROUP & TIMES:

Your start group and race number will be sent via SMS & Email on Friday, 10 November 2023.

Sunday, 12 November 2023

Perdeberg Cellar, Vryguns Road, Paarl

From 05h00

Please ensure you are registered and ready 15mins prior to your start

ROUTE INFORMATION:

86 km Long Route:

There will be 3 waterpoints on the route to ensure you stay hydrated.

44 km Short Route:

There will be 1 waterpoint on the route to ensure you stay hydrated.

EVENT PARTNERS:

Official vehicle partner: Toyota

Official hydration partner: Peninsula Beverages

Venue proudly hosted by Perdeberg Cellar

Go to Event Page.

Hard to find anything about this event to get excited for...
I know it's a "funride" so I'm not the target demographic for this one, but still.
Also, since I'm featured in the promo image I feel torn about skipping it!

I think last year it was also named "fun ride" with that killer 300m uphill finish disputed between Atherly and Moir ?? I don't remember it being fun at all, with crazy crosswind sections... Was not a fun ride at all in A batch 🤣

Edited by Jbr

51 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Was not a fun ride at all in A batch

Depends who shows up. An expensive 86km featureless race a week after One Tonner and 13 days before DC feels like it's an easy one to skip.

7 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Depends who shows up. An expensive 86km featureless race a week after One Tonner and 13 days before DC feels like it's an easy one to skip.

all of them are not in my calendar 🤣Looks like i'm officially becoming a Gravel racer

Even for a C batcher like me an 86km loop around perdeberg does not feel worth it unfortunately.

I say unfortunately because I love lining up on a start line ...

13 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

An expensive 86km

12 hours ago, Mamil said:

86km loop around perdeberg does not feel worth it

Compared to R222 for 219km recently, it does seem steep...

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Not even One Tonner? 😱

so far not, I find the route has no interest for a guy riding solo, with Hels right at the begining and then 2nd half with enless headwind-flat roads...

8 minutes ago, Jbr said:

with Hels right at the begining and then 2nd half with enless headwind-flat roads

Venue has moved back to Wellington (or Windmeul actually). It's now Hels after 35km and Bothmaskloof after 123km.

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

Venue has moved back to Wellington (or Windmeul actually). It's now Hels after 35km and Bothmaskloof after 123km.

ah :D

Thanks for the headsup, sounds waaaaaay more interesting then

Edited by Jbr

• 2 months later...

Thanks again for all the organisers, marshals, traffic officers, pointsmen & woman.  Really enjoyed the ride, and the new people that I met on the route, especially that made the last few km fly past. 

I know for a lot of people it might sound like  waste of money to spend on a route you can ride for free, but the benefits for me is that there is additional safety, and also supporting the young riders who get exposed to group rides.