Wahoo HR monitor

Hennie Nel

Hi All,

I got a new Wahoo kicker HR monitor. I did remove the old HR monitor info from my device. (Elemnt Bolt,) I paired and saved the new monitor to the device.

Problem is now, when riding, the device register double my heart beat, (like 120BPM in stead of 60BPM) when starting the ride. Middle of the ride it sticks to about 125BPM with peaks of up to 200BPM. 

I did all updates available, back to factory setting with new setups, but still it shows double the BPM. 

Any idea what could be the problem.

Insert the battery the wrong way around for 30 seconds then flip around again. It worked for me when I had the same issue.

Im also having a problem where, even with fresh batteries my heart rate is almost random (Wahoo tickr with an element bolt). Maybe this becomes the HRM thread.

Threw my Tickr away and bought a Polar H9. Had the Tickr for 2 years and it started giving me random readings and turning on and off. Tried changing the battery, reversing the battery but nothing helped. It would work for a couple of rides and then stop.

Same experience with TICKR, now on my third, two replaced under warranty within one year.

Great support from iKhambi, btw.

I suspect the issue is moisture (sweat) ingress through the battery door. It also doesn't help that the hooks on the battery door breaks off like nothing. 

Ive taped over the door of the last one...will see how it goes. But probably won't buy another Tickr after this.

I've also had lots of different issues with my TICKR, replaced one under warranty, but the other one randomly gives many of the things others have described. It does seem to help to wash the chest strap after every ride, but does not solve all problems.

I'd say it's very hard to recommend the product really.

Changing Garmin battery always been a b@llache for me. Can't tell you how many hours I've spent dealing with that stupid little O ring with my 10 thumbs trying to get it flush.

Wahoo easier to change but I've been through 3 straps cos the studs break off. Glue them back and they come off.

Currently using wahoo tickr with a Forza strap which after a months use looks to be better quality.

On 10/27/2023 at 8:16 PM, Kyle_Hanger said:

so it looks like it is then a tickr design flaw? What hrms does everyone recemend.

toyed with the idea of getting the bolt bundle with tickr, but had read so many bad reviews, i went with what seems to be the gold standard - the Polar H10. not a single regret. IT JUST WORKS. 18 months in, not even changed a battery.