Anyone looking for 2 Rook Scouts?

NC_lurker

Ah yes. Seller had me at "No time wasters please. I don't do delivery what so ever. The price is not negotiable so don't ask". 

Delightful and inviting demeanor. 🤣

At least the price is far below average market asking... Oh wait. 😂😂😂

Edited by V18

Bike seems very cheap, with no spec details that you would normally find on a bike advert. Race number boards from a recent race, Road to Desolation, as per the results riders were 51 Anouche Richalet & 52 Tom Laurent, coincidentally both DNF'd

5 hours ago, V18 said:

🤣least the price is far below average market asking... Oh wait. 

😂😂😂

The price is actually relative, those bikes go for around R16k new. But who advertises a gravel bike for sale as a "racing bicycle"..but worse, putting up a pic of the bikes with the chain off!

6 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Bike seems very cheap, with no spec details that you would normally find on a bike advert. Race number boards from a recent race, Road to Desolation, as per the results riders were 51 Anouche Richalet & 52 Tom Laurent, coincidentally both DNF'd

Let's hope a Hubber knows these two gents.

One sure way to trace the origin ....

1 hour ago, NC_lurker said:

The price is actually relative, those bikes go for around R16k new. But who advertises a gravel bike for sale as a "racing bicycle"..but worse, putting up a pic of the bikes with the chain off!

He does say he is selling the bikes together. Searched out the race number names on FB, from all the results it looks like a French couple.

By all accounts they could’ve been traveling and this is just one of those oddball travel stories. In any case not h going to speculate too hard, messaged the RTD organisers on Instagram. 

Yup, not a total red flag just a couple of things that stand out. I'd rather put it out there, if it's legit then maybe someone picks up a nice bike by seeing the ad, if not someone gets assisted to find their bikes.

Edited by NC_lurker
Spelling