Carbon full Suspension on a budget

Eugene

I just finished building my first full suspension. 

Full carbon Volcan 26 inch frame with 27.5 wheels. 

I struggled to find reasonably priced parts so ended up with a new 1x10 LTwoo groupset, which shifts smoother than the Shimano Alivio I have on my hardtail. 

Rest was made up of parts I have gathered over the years. All I need now is a shorter stem and a wider bar. 

IMG_20231111_154618.jpg

20 hours ago, Eugene said:

I just finished building my first full suspension. 

Full carbon Volcan 26 inch frame with 27.5 wheels. 

I struggled to find reasonably priced parts so ended up with a new 1x10 LTwoo groupset, which shifts smoother than the Shimano Alivio I have on my hardtail. 

Rest was made up of parts I have gathered over the years. All I need now is a shorter stem and a wider bar. 

IMG_20231111_154618.jpg

Get A Bike Fit Or at Least Level that Saddle. Stem is also Determined by Bike Fit.

7 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Get A Bike Fit Or at Least Level that Saddle. Stem is also Determined by Bike Fit.

The saddle is an old cracked saddle off a Scott. I put it on temporarily just so I had something to sit on whilst checking the gears. I have another one which will be level when mounted. 

I also need to set the seat post height properly too. 

Already tested the stem length from my son's bike (80mm) and I'm comfortable with it. 

On 11/12/2023 at 9:00 PM, Eugene said:

The saddle is an old cracked saddle off a Scott. I put it on temporarily just so I had something to sit on whilst checking the gears. I have another one which will be level when mounted. 

I also need to set the seat post height properly too. 

Already tested the stem length from my son's bike (80mm) and I'm comfortable with it. 

It Is a Nice Build Once You do the Improvements It will give you Miles of Smiles.

Looks good. Always liked those old Volcans.

Have you checked that the back wheel doesnt hit the back of the seat tube when the rear shock fully compresses? It looks very close considering the wheel is gonna move up and forward as the suspension compresses. 

On 11/14/2023 at 2:09 PM, Fleming said:

Looks good. Always liked those old Volcans.

Have you checked that the back wheel doesnt hit the back of the seat tube when the rear shock fully compresses? It looks very close considering the wheel is gonna move up and forward as the suspension compresses. 

Thanks..... No it doesn't hit the seat tube at all. 

Its weird, I thought I was the only one doing the 27.5 conversion on these frames, but I have met 2 other ppl in the last few weeks that have also done it