Bibshort Straps Alteration

Ncayi

Goodmorning Hubbers

I would like to shorten the straps of 2 of my bibshorts. After exploring various alternatives it seems finding a local seamstress or tailor is my only viable option. But I don't want to use any random person as i don't want a botch job.

I would appreciate any recommendation and I am based in JHB.

46 minutes ago, Ncayi said:

Goodmorning Hubbers

I would like to shorten the straps of 2 of my bibshorts. After exploring various alternatives it seems finding a local seamstress or tailor is my only viable option. But I don't want to use any random person as i don't want a botch job.

I would appreciate any recommendation and I am based in JHB.

Try your local laundromat they should do alterations.  Can't see it been to complicated just fold a pleat in the strap and stich. Any recommendations would be a random person. 

Nice thing with just folding and sewing it shorter is you can take it out if it’s not right.. don’t let them cut and sew.. any laundromat/clothing alteration place should be able to handle that..

😉🤙🏻

Had the REVERSE done, which meant they HAD to cut, since they obviously had to insert  Lycra, but I agree with Michael; a reversible ‘pleat’ sounds clever for your requirements.

Cheers

Chris