Which tyres do you ride on your ebike?

Razor1972

18 hours ago, Simon123 said:

LOL The BikeHubbers keyboard warriors return.

I dont give a f*ck about Bontrager casings.  The dude at Gear Change sold it to me as a replacement for the DHRII I couldnt get.   Raved about it and told me it was amazing.  Like every Trek fanboi does too,  it's kaaak.  Simple.

That's all I've said.    And it's enough consistent feedback for me from friends who've bought Rails or Slash with Bontrager tyres too.  Changed within a few rides.

You're welcome to your Chingchong tyres, I'll stick to what works.  I'm not a Maxxis fan, but they appear to be the best and most consistent offering with a variety of options   (Assegai/DHRII on eeb and enduro bike,  DHRII and Minion SS on Trail bike etc).

Maybe eat less pies also? 😉

Middle aged ex-pinners are hard on bikes, clearly you’re not the target market for anything other than 1.2kg DH casing monsters, but that doesn’t mean they’re POS, they’re just not meant for you 🤷‍♂️ 

Joking about the pie part (but that part only).

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Maybe eat less pies also? 😉

Middle aged ex-pinners are hard on bikes, clearly you’re not the target market for anything other than 1.2kg DH casing monsters, but that doesn’t mean they’re POS, they’re just not meant for you 🤷‍♂️ 

Joking about the pie part (but that part only).

A pie would be nice right now to be honest.   Not had a good pepper steak pie in months. 😍

I went to Morzine with a EXO rear DHRII on my DH bike and rode a lot of off piste stuff without issue.  I've also never dinged a rim or cracked a carbon rim.  Line choice and not being a plow rider.  Also no inserts.

No issues (even with an EXO not EXO+ on Eeeb) with Maxxis or the brief flirt with Schwalbe, but one every ride on Bontrager, and similar in group of friends?  Gonna def stick with "Bontrager tyres are rubbish".

Now to source a pie.....  🤑

12 minutes ago, Simon123 said:

A pie would be nice right now to be honest.   Not had a good pepper steak pie in months. 😍

I went to Morzine with a EXO rear DHRII on my DH bike and rode a lot of off piste stuff without issue.  I've also never dinged a rim or cracked a carbon rim.  Line choice and not being a plow rider.  Also no inserts.

No issues (even with an EXO not EXO+ on Eeeb) with Maxxis or the brief flirt with Schwalbe, but one every ride on Bontrager, and similar in group of friends?  Gonna def stick with "Bontrager tyres are rubbish".

Now to source a pie.....  🤑

I had a different brand on my commuter ...

Tyres had to be "rock hard" (3bar+), or it would roll and wobble in corners.

At 2,5bar it burbed when I hopped off a pavement ... and threw me down onto the tar ...

I do know people that enjoy "that brand".

But a bad experience has a way with our opinions of products .... 

19 hours ago, ChrisF said:

You are 100% correct.

Very sad that the bike shop did not take the time to set up the bike at delivery..... at least it sounds like they did not.

I don't want to get into the bike shop issues, because I think they're a decent setup and get reviews for service etc. They probably just let mine slip through the cracks. I'll continue to use them.

21 hours ago, thebob said:

Share your setup then. Height, weight etc. You can lol all you want, but tyres are one part of the equation. That bike runs possibly the worst fork ever made as well as a very basic shock. If the pressure and sag aren’t correct then new tyres will do bugger all to help

@Razor1972 you’ve come here wanting answers, but you’ve not shared any of the important information that’s needed for us to help you.

Or have you simply decided “Ah, another guy (in this case @Simon123) also said they’re crap so they must be” because you came here with your mind already made up but just wanting us to reinforce that? 

No man, let’s talk about the facts and get you sorted.

Edited by LazyTrailRider

14 hours ago, thebob said:

That sounds like a porky pie to me

Maybe I'm just too slow? 🤣 Maybe late 90's DH I dinged a Mvic D321 or something, but cannot remember a ding in the past 20 years.

But you touched on bad susp on the original poster's bike.   This is a good point too.   But even lately with Fox Factory suspension on my bikes - I've found tyre pressures to make the biggest "feel good" difference (assuming we also have suspension properly set up or as close to as).

Someone recommended these:  https://www.takealot.com/sks-tyre-pressure-sensor-for-bicycles-airspy-sv-set-of-2/PLID70964465   (cheaper than Tyre Wiz)  and if they didn't look so ugly, I'd probably give them a bash.

1 hour ago, Razor1972 said:

I don't want to get into the bike shop issues, because I think they're a decent setup and get reviews for service etc. They probably just let mine slip through the cracks. I'll continue to use them.

Well worth speaking to them.  Ask them to check the bike out, from setup to tyres ...

Maybe just a small setting issue ...

With any luck they agree that it is the tyres, and you can move on ...