[Event] Virgin Active 947 Ride Joburg MTB

Faces Advendurance

Event Name: Virgin Active 947 Ride Joburg MTB
When: 09/11/2024 - 10/11/2024
Where: Steyn City, RiverglenMidrand, Gauteng
Category: Mountain Bike

The Virgin Active 947 Ride Joburg MTB comprises three distances of 10km / 25km / 50km mountain bike trails constructed inside the Steyn City estate walls usually reserved exclusively for residents.

It is the world of Virgin Active 947 Ride Joburg MTB. Authentic mountain biking for all. 9 & 10 November 2024, Steyn City, Johannesburg.

Go to Event Page.

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys,

I'm a bit of a weekend warrior. I mostly do the Big Red Bard 20km in just over an hour. It's pretty flat though. Will I be able to handle the 25km MTB route ok? I haven't done any races as I generally don't like competition events and the idea of many MTB'ers on a single track sounds off putting. But I'd like to do this event for a good cause. Not looking at setting any times.

Cheers

Edited by Schuits
typos

You should be okay, depending on which batch you start in. The seeding process tries to eliminate the need to wait (and walk), so if you want a start group relative to your ability, then you will need to do at least one seeding event.

Did it for the first time last year. There’s not too much flat and there’s a fair bit of non-technical climbing and some epic downhills and it’s a great day out. Take as long as you want! 

I'm sure you'll be fine, there can be bottlenecks but thats par for the course.