Affordable dual suspension bike for sale

Brendan S

Please help a young rider like me find a good dual suspension bike for a good price

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Brendan S said:

Please help a young rider like me find a good dual suspension bike for a good price

What’s your idea of a good price(affordability is relative to the individual and their earnings).?

my opinion which might be wrong, is a dual sus isn’t something I would skimp on.. I’d rather put the money into a decent hardtail🤔.. a cheap dual sus for the same money might get you into a nice hardtail.. 

I don’t know, something to think about..

1 minute ago, Bichael Dewing said:

What’s your idea of a good price(affordability is relative to the individual and their earnings).?

my opinion which might be wrong, is a dual sus isn’t something I would skimp on.. I’d rather put the money into a decent hardtail🤔.. a cheap dual sus for the same money might get you into a nice hardtail.. 

I don’t know, something to think about..

I would be looking for something around R15000.

I also am not comfortable with buying a hardtail, because I previously got scammed by Solomons Cycles with a silverback stride sport. And maybe a scott 970 would be the type of bike parts wise

1 minute ago, Brendan S said:

I also am not comfortable with buying a hardtail, because I previously got scammed by Solomons Cycles with a silverback stride sport. And maybe a scott 970 would be the type of bike parts wise

Okay wait, can we expand on your experience with a large bike retailer in SA scamming you.? 

Whatever happened I am truly sorry, but don’t let that discourage you from hardtail mountain bikes.. there are some stonkers out there.. also cheaper to maintain if money is a concern.. dual sus are luxury but from what my mechanic has told me when you have to do a suspension service you are going to k&k off..

but I want to know more about this Solomon’s deal please.!

7 minutes ago, Brendan S said:

Can work out something with this bike if you keen bud.

Kindest

20240122_191436.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bicycle Yard WESTERN CAPE said:

Kindest

20240122_191436.jpg

Year, model, components.? Hahaha give the oke some more info guys.?😳😉🤣

2 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Year, model, components.? Hahaha give the oke some more info guys.?😳😉🤣

Deal would be tailored to his Budget so current components wouldn't be same as what it would be sold with but there are options on what to keep and what to change.

Edited by Bicycle Yard WESTERN CAPE

1 minute ago, Bicycle Yard WESTERN CAPE said:

Deal would be tailored to his Budget so current components wouldn't be same as what it would be sold with but there are options on what to keep and what to change.

That’s fair..🤘🏻

26 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Okay wait, can we expand on your experience with a large bike retailer in SA scamming you.? 

Whatever happened I am truly sorry, but don’t let that discourage you from hardtail mountain bikes.. there are some stonkers out there.. also cheaper to maintain if money is a concern.. dual sus are luxury but from what my mechanic has told me when you have to do a suspension service you are going to k&k off..

but I want to know more about this Solomon’s deal please.!

So, I went to look for a new bike at different places. I found nothing until I found a Silverback Stride for only R8999. Without any concerns I bought it. First few weeks go by after a lot of riding, and I see my chain, brake rotors, rims, spokes and derailleur are rusting. I issued a complaint to Solomons cycles and they told me that they couldn’t take responsibility for the bike. Being the only Silverback stride in the store for that price I knew they were lying, and now I’m struggling with a disaster of a bike

36 minutes ago, Bicycle Yard WESTERN CAPE said:

Kindest

20240122_191436.jpg

How much are you charging for the bike?

9 minutes ago, Brendan S said:

So, I went to look for a new bike at different places. I found nothing until I found a Silverback Stride for only R8999. Without any concerns I bought it. First few weeks go by after a lot of riding, and I see my chain, brake rotors, rims, spokes and derailleur are rusting. I issued a complaint to Solomons cycles and they told me that they couldn’t take responsibility for the bike. Being the only Silverback stride in the store for that price I knew they were lying, and now I’m struggling with a disaster of a bike

And it was sold to you as new.? not second hand..?

I’m pretty sure if they sold it as new you would be protected by the consumer protection act and they would have to exchange it or refund you.. I’m not a lawyer so don’t quote me on anything but I think you’d have some sort of case🤷🏼‍♂️.. 

was finding the agent for silverback SA and going directly to them for a warranty claim or something like that not an option.? I say that assuming that it was sold to you as new..

Edited by Bichael Dewing

41 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Bear in mind that Gen Z and younger use the term "scam" much more broadly than what it technically is. You only need to spend a day on Reddit to release this...

Any negative feelings of not receiving the expected value from any interaction is called being scammed.

@Brendan S you weren't scammed, you just received poor service. Making this distinction here and in future scenarios where you feel like you didn't get what you expected is important. Please educate yourself: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam

Edited by LazyTrailRider
Typo

1 minute ago, Bichael Dewing said:

And it was sold to you as new.? not second hand..?

I’m pretty sure if they sold it as new you would be protected by the consumer protection act and they would have to exchange it or refund you.. I’m not a lawyer so don’t quote me on anything but I think you’d have some sort of case🤷🏼‍♂️.. 

was finding the agent for silverback SA and going directly to them for a warranty claim or something like that.? I say that assuming that it was sold to you as new..

I did buy it new. I also went to silverback sa and the german branch to check and they told me Solomons was responsible. I went Solomons and they then told me Silverback is responsible. I dont know

1 minute ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Bear in mind that Gen Z and younger use the term "scam" much more broadly than what it technically is. You only need to spend a day on Reddit to release this...

Any negative feelings of not receiving the expected value from any interaction is called being scammed.

@Brendan S you weren't scammed, you just received poor service. Making this distinction here and in future scenarios where you feel like you didn't get what you expected is important. Please educate yourself: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam

Hence I desperately needed to know more.. for some clarity.. 

2 minutes ago, Brendan S said:

I did buy it new. I also went to silverback sa and the german branch to check and they told me Solomons was responsible. I went Solomons and they then told me Silverback is responsible. I dont know

Okay yeah it just sounds like one of those deals where both parties didn’t want the hassle.. it’s not a scam, it’s just shitty service.. which is just as frustrating I’ll give you that..

Just now, Bichael Dewing said:

Okay yeah it just sounds like one of those deals where both parties didn’t want the hassle.. it’s not a scam, it’s just shitty service.. which is just as frustrating I’ll give you that..

I agree, its not a scam, and **** happens. Expensive ****