Affordable dual suspension bike for sale

Brendan S

Just now, Brendan S said:

I agree, its not a scam, and **** happens. Expensive ****

Yaa sorry mate, **** happens.. most of the biggest lessons we learn are expensive🤷🏼‍♂️🤙🏻

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In your budget I would look at Titan Cypher aluminum there's a couple of them around your budget on here. Otherwise you are going to buy an old bike that's not boost and you don't know the condition of the pivots or shock. You can always upgrade the Titan over time. 

12 minutes ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

In your budget I would look at Titan Cypher aluminum there's a couple of them around your budget on here. Otherwise you are going to buy an old bike that's not boost and you don't know the condition of the pivots or shock. You can always upgrade the Titan over time. 

yip I agree, unfortunately this one is from solomons. But I never received bad service from them XD.

https://solomonscycles.co.za/products/titanracing-cypher-rs-sport-29-dual-suspension/

Maybe you should also mention what size bike are you looking for - what's your length 

1 hour ago, Mongoose! said:

Maybe you should also mention what size bike are you looking for - what's your length 

L to Xl

I personally would not suggest a dual, my reason for making this statement:

First few weeks go by after a lot of riding, and I see my chain, brake rotors, rims, spokes and derailleur are rusting.  

The rust you've observed, is it surface rust or actual pitting? 

Duals requires more upkeep than HTs and unfortunately someone has to maintain them. If components are allowed to rust under your watch then you're not doing enough to take care of your bike. 

17 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

First few weeks go by after a lot of riding, and I see my chain, brake rotors, rims, spokes and derailleur are rusting.  

Duals requires more upkeep than HTs and unfortunately someone has to maintain them. If components are allowed to rust under your watch then you're not doing enough to take care of your bike. 

This is a fair point and question to ask. The chances of several different components rusting due to some manufacturing defect are close to zero. One maybe, but not several.

Sorry OP, but it’s likely you are at fault.

If it's a dual suspension that you want, then go ahead and get one. You don't have to justify your choice. 

It is your choice and how you maintain your bike is between you and your bike. 

I am not sure where you are from, but here is an option for you. https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-bikes/698102/silverback-slider2-275-large#fullscreen

Despite your experience, they are good bikes. 

8 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Pitting

Just now, Brendan S said:

Pitting

And I care a lot about my bike, so its highly unlikely that I am at fault cause I am not a beginner in the riding scene

I will add my 2c

I have to agree with the "rather get a hardtail crowd"

At R15k you are going to get bottom of the barrel components and very likely something that isn't up to the newest standards (like boost spacing), making future upgrades difficult as well.

I don't know what kind of riding you do (maybe let us know😁) but if you are looking at riding some rough stuff, a nice steel or alu frame aggro hardtail will do that very very well (I say this from personal experience). 

Also remember that full-sus bikes are a quite a bit more expensive to maintain. You have a second shock and pivot bearings to look after as well.

Just my opinion though, whatever you end up getting, hope it bring you much stoke🫡

1 hour ago, WT said:

I will add my 2c

I have to agree with the "rather get a hardtail crowd"

At R15k you are going to get bottom of the barrel components and very likely something that isn't up to the newest standards (like boost spacing), making future upgrades difficult as well.

I don't know what kind of riding you do (maybe let us know😁) but if you are looking at riding some rough stuff, a nice steel or alu frame aggro hardtail will do that very very well (I say this from personal experience). 

Also remember that full-sus bikes are a quite a bit more expensive to maintain. You have a second shock and pivot bearings to look after as well.

Just my opinion though, whatever you end up getting, hope it bring you much stoke🫡

I hear you, but I have had an aggro hardtail before my current cheaper bike that was R13000. And I want to get into some middle tier used dual sus for better grip on the trails. I ride XC and dirt jump