[Event] Knysna Cycle Tour 2024

AFinn

Event Name: Knysna Cycle Tour 2024
When: 29/06/2024
Where: Waterfront Drive, Knysna CentralKnysna, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

This years exciting Knysna Mountain Bike Routes are being looked over by trail master Patrick Mosterd and we are planning some new and exciting indigenous routes for 2024.

Experience the enchanting Knysna Forest on Day 1 of the Knysna Cycle Tour. Ride through dense indigenous forest, surrounded by towering trees and lush ferns. Choose between a 85, 45 or 30 km loop, and embrace invigorating climbs and thrilling descents. Conquer gravel roads and navigate jeep tracks in this magical and captivating natural landscape.

All cyclists, including those with gravel bikes, MTBs, and E-bikes, are welcome.

Go to Event Page.

What I just watched on carte Blanche about the state of knysna at the moment, I wouldn’t go near this..😰..

im shattered, knysna has always been one of my favorite places.🥹

44 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

What I just watched on carte Blanche about the state of knysna at the moment, I wouldn’t go near this..😰..

I think you'll probably be ok.

things get cleaned up during elections, remember.

Both days' events ran pretty smoothly last year, if you exclude one marshal on the 85km being a bit late to their post.
Seems like the road event is back this year, so I've entered for day 1's 85km MTB and day 2's 100km road.

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I think you'll probably be ok.

things get cleaned up during elections, remember.

2 hours ago, Bichael Dewing said:

I agree about the heartbreak re Knysna's current situation, but wouldn't boikot the event due to the municipal failure. I feel the organisers and area would need the support now more than ever.

I would not discourage tourists from visiting SA due to the governments failures, oh and please go vote...

15 minutes ago, Rowl said:

I agree about the heartbreak re Knysna's current situation, but wouldn't boikot the event due to the municipal failure. I feel the organisers and area would need the support now more than ever.

I would not discourage tourists from visiting SA due to the governments failures, oh and please go vote...

Yeah that is very true.. it probably wouldn’t stop me if I was still able to holiday up the garden route.. 🤔

The wife and I most certainly vote..🤙🏻