News bot

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

@Titan Racing Bikes

It does not go unnoticed how you're engaging so well with the target market here. One can spend a metric whack of money on product design/launch/promos etc etc but to have someone immediately backing up queries does the brand so much goodwill and is time/effort well spent.

I'm not in the market for any bike just now, but I find Titan will always be on my radar going forward for these exact reasons - it has been earned consistently over time. If your boss ever moans about you spending too much time on the interwebs please show this post.

I concur 👏🏼

1 minute ago, Mawbs said:

Knowing the overall weights on these bikes would be nice ?

We will be able to confirm that as soon as the stock bikes arrive. We always quote actual weights of bicycles in the real world.

Thinking behind making the seat tube angle slacker? Most of the contemporary XC and DC type bikes are in the 75 degree range.

42 minutes ago, thebob said:

Thinking behind making the seat tube angle slacker? Most of the contemporary XC and DC type bikes are in the 75 degree range.

I think it’s a low bb position but waiting for Titan to confirm the geometry in various settings

2 hours ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Thanks 👊

Our mission is to be a part of the community, both here on Bike Hub and the wider cycling community, rather than just being a brand that sells into the community. The questions Hubbers ask, the suggestions you guys make and the feedback we receive we can short-circuit into R&D, spec changes or future updates. Our new DT protector on the 2nd gen Cypher is a good example of this. Also, being close to where the tire hits the dirt or tar, helps us stay in touch and in tune with potential buyers and current owners - it's the only way to do it! 

Lastly, we are also consumers. What is more frustrating than reaching out to a brand or company for support or a basic question and being ghosted, or talking to a temp holiday worker with no vested interest? 

Consumer and Market reaction is what I love. Never too snobby, answering all questions. Am such a fan 

A also want to know about the Seat tube angles. Very slack at 73.5 degrees (in Low position to get 66.5 Head angle). With the flip chip in High position, can get a Seat angle of 74 degrees. The new Epic 8 has a STA of 75.5 degrees (though my 2023 Epic Evo has a STA of 74.5), so not that different I suppose. It looks quite slack though, hanging the saddle right over the rear tire, halfway to the rear hub.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:51 PM, DieselnDust said:

Blerrie Mooi !! Smaak it wif n passion fruit and lemonade. Flight attendant build price? Full geo charts including high and low positions because the seat tube angle differences don’t make sense please

We're just making the numbers look pretty then we'll share it here.

On 3/19/2024 at 2:34 PM, thebob said:

I'll ask Cliff to chime in on this one.

Right, where were we?

On 3/18/2024 at 3:51 PM, DieselnDust said:

Blerrie Mooi !! Smaak it wif n passion fruit and lemonade. Flight attendant build price? Full geo charts including high and low positions because the seat tube angle differences don’t make sense please

Here are the full geo charts

CypherDCgeometries.jpg.86e990cd2e752cb8e6f7fd80f678978f.jpg

CypherRSgeometries.jpg.b09294b669fd91e00039f060d0bfe646.jpg

Between the flip chip and headset cup there are quite a few options to play with to dial the bike in to your liking. 

On 3/19/2024 at 2:34 PM, thebob said:

Feedback on this:

The ST angle stated in the image on the press release is the low position on the DC - so effectively, the slackest it can be on the bikes. In the High position, the ST angle is 74.

The ST angle on the RS is 75 in the LOW and 75.5 in the HIGH.

Because the ST angle is something that will be affected by the fork length on the DC and the flip chip, we designed the ST angle to be not too high in its steepest position (HIGH POS RS) and not too slack in its slackest position (LOW POS DC).

Based on 5 years of feedback from the team and riders on the Cypher, we found that this window works the best with the least compromise, and found that the saddle rail adjustment was effective in fine-tuning fit.

Trust this helps, but let us know if you'd like any additional info. 

1 hour ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Right, where were we?

Here are the full geo charts

CypherDCgeometries.jpg.86e990cd2e752cb8e6f7fd80f678978f.jpg

CypherRSgeometries.jpg.b09294b669fd91e00039f060d0bfe646.jpg

Between the flip chip and headset cup there are quite a few options to play with to dial the bike in to your liking. 

Feedback on this:

The ST angle stated in the image on the press release is the low position on the DC - so effectively, the slackest it can be on the bikes. In the High position, the ST angle is 74.

The ST angle on the RS is 75 in the LOW and 75.5 in the HIGH.

Because the ST angle is something that will be affected by the fork length on the DC and the flip chip, we designed the ST angle to be not too high in its steepest position (HIGH POS RS) and not too slack in its slackest position (LOW POS DC).

Based on 5 years of feedback from the team and riders on the Cypher, we found that this window works the best with the least compromise, and found that the saddle rail adjustment was effective in fine-tuning fit.

Trust this helps, but let us know if you'd like any additional info. 

Great thanks for confirming. A very pragmatic decision wrt to the seat tube angle. It’s not too aggressive either way. A slack position of 73.5 still allows a very efficient pedalling position.

wrt the geo chart for the DC I think there’s a small error in the head tube angle cup [+] at 65.5 . Should this not be 65.0? 
i haven’t done the math to see it there’s no change to HA but it should be at least 0.25degreed slacker 

Edited by DieselnDust