Wanted: Silverback Siablo GR 2019

Hi Everyone,

Anyone wanting to get rid of their 2019 Silverback Siablo GR in an XL?

Or any feedback on the bike and how it was owning it. 

IMG_5255.jpeg

I bought one 2nd hand off the hub 2 years ago. Absolutely love it, especially with some meaty 45c tyres. However I will add that I didn't enjoy the cable actuated disk breaks. Had a bike with a hydraulic groupset and switched it over. 

Have one after looking for a long time after having my first one bikejacked. It's such a lovely bike. 

55 minutes ago, Anton Kruyshaar said:

I bought one 2nd hand off the hub 2 years ago. Absolutely love it, especially with some meaty 45c tyres. However I will add that I didn't enjoy the cable actuated disk breaks. Had a bike with a hydraulic groupset and switched it over. 

Interested to know what you replaced the shifters and brakes with? Probably the first thing I’ll update as well if I find the bike.

1 minute ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Interested to know what you replaced the shifters and brakes with? Probably the first thing I’ll update as well if I find the bike.

Slightly controversial as some would say it was a downgrade. So the bike comes with the Shimano 105 11s R7000 groupset (cable actuated breaks). I had a bike with a 10 speed hydraulic Tiagra groupset on it that I wasn't using and switched the components across to later sell the bike I wasn't using. So in essence I lost one rear cassette speed in favour of hydraulic breaking, which I don't regret in the slightest.

I later on bought a 2nd hand Shimano GRX 400 10s rear derailleur for its clutch to reduce chainslap when riding off road.

1 hour ago, PappaWatTrap said:

I just swapped the calipers out for some trp spyres. Not hydraulic. But OK. 

10 hours ago, Anton Kruyshaar said:

Slightly controversial as some would say it was a downgrade. So the bike comes with the Shimano 105 11s R7000 groupset (cable actuated breaks). I had a bike with a 10 speed hydraulic Tiagra groupset on it that I wasn't using and switched the components across to later sell the bike I wasn't using. So in essence I lost one rear cassette speed in favour of hydraulic breaking, which I don't regret in the slightest.

I later on bought a 2nd hand Shimano GRX 400 10s rear derailleur for its clutch to reduce chainslap when riding off road.

Ah that makes sense. So it was worth it to go from the 105 to the Tiagra to gain the hydraulic brakes? 

I can see why they put on the mechanical disk brakes . It looks like the hydraulic shifters are close to R8000

Bought a pair of ZRace BR005s off Aliexpress for a previous bike, based on Tracevelo's review, would recommend them to anyone.

Edit: Should probably add, they are hydraulic cable actuated brakes, for roughly R1,1/1,200 landed. Was inspired by TRP HY/RD which were unavailable or too expensive. They do make a difference to the braking feel and bite.

Edited by Rowl

2 hours ago, Rowl said:

Bought a pair of ZRace BR005s off Aliexpress for a previous bike, based on Tracevelo's review, would recommend them to anyone.

Edit: Should probably add, they are hydraulic cable actuated brakes, for roughly R1,1/1,200 landed. Was inspired by TRP HY/RD which were unavailable or too expensive. They do make a difference to the braking feel and bite.

That is cool, thanks for the input. So the hydraulics all sit in the caliper itself but actuated by a cable?

53 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

That is cool, thanks for the input. So the hydraulics all sit in the caliper itself but actuated by a cable?

Exactly. Mine is from ZTTO and same as Rowl’s and it works great.

3 minutes ago, peetwindhoek said:

Exactly. Mine is from ZTTO and same as Rowl’s and it works great.

Sounds like a great option when I get there. Are you able to use shimano pads or would you have to dig around the web to find replacement pads?