Need fixing 2012 Dura Ace Di2 group set

Tanzabreizh

Hi Edereese,

Despite a replaced battery (which I had to source from Excel Sports in Colorado, US), gears would not change properly (especially by the cassette/jokey) and now nothing works despite a charged battery. 

When taking the bike to Olympic Cycles in Claremont, WC, I am told they can’t help me due to non availability of parts.

I can’t say what is wrong really as I am really bad in fixing stuff!

Bike is great otherwise (2012 Giant TCR Advanced 0) and it hurts to have to change it just because of a faulty old Di2 group set…

8 minutes ago, Tanzabreizh said:

Hi Edereese,

Despite a replaced battery (which I had to source from Excel Sports in Colorado, US), gears would not change properly (especially by the cassette/jokey) and now nothing works despite a charged battery. 

When taking the bike to Olympic Cycles in Claremont, WC, I am told they can’t help me due to non availability of parts.

Bike is great otherwise (2012 Giant TCR Advanced 0) and it hurts to have to change it just because of a faulty old Di2 group set…

I can't help with fixing, but the approach here would be to swap out part by part to find the fault, then just replace that faulty one.

But this is a pretty old groupset, so that may be a tricky proposition. Worst case scenario, see if you can't find an 11speed Di2 upgrade groupset? So, shifters, cables, battery and front and rear mechs. then just fit an 11 speed cassette and you're literally off to the races.

I scanned the classifieds here, and there is an 11sp Durace gruppo that may suit. Else check abroad?

Good luck anyway. My guess is that even a replacement Di2 groupset will be cheaper than a whole new bike of the quality you already have.

I'm not 100% sure on compatibility but you can buy and build your own battery and you may be able to fit a later Di2 derailleur. What groupset do you have, is it the firsyhen with external battery?

2 hours ago, Tanzabreizh said:

Hi Edereese,

Have you run diagnostics with the shimano etube software?  It should help to tell which part is at fault.

2 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

I'm not 100% sure on compatibility but you can buy and build your own battery and you may be able to fit a later Di2 derailleur. What groupset do you have, is it the firsyhen with external battery?

14 minutes ago, Tanzabreizh said:

Hi Shaper,

No I did not. This can be done at a cycle shop? It was not offered to me. 

You can do it yourself from a laptop if you download the shimano etube software and connect your charger to the laptop and to your Di2 https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/e-tube/project/forwindows.html

Your Di2 is 10 speed. 6770 as you say external battery? 

If going through your charger does not work to run etube software and find problem (as I am not sure with older Di2), then you need to find a bike shop that has a PCE02 linkage device and they should be able to check for errors and advise

Hi Lechatnoir,

Yes if I could find a technician able to complete such tasks, it would be great! 

Thanks for the suggestion of a 11 speed Di2 groupset. I wasn’t sure if it can fit on this bike. 

I’ll definitely give it a shot! 

Hi Shaper, Thanks! This is how the battery look like. Can’t plug the charger to a computer. Will ask again Olympic Cycle if they can at least run a diagnostic at their level.IMG_7167.png.ae4590cbe194ec7e8c7f028ef440ea23.png