Help needed - Elite Suito-T or Wahoo Kickr Core

Hi all,

So my local bike shop did order the 148mm adapter for me. You will need the adapter for a 148mm frame when using the Elite Suito-T so really hope this post can help someone in the future too.

I have another question regarding circumference:

I see the My E Training app have a setting which was on 2070 - Did some google and my MTB wheels is 2.25 which makes the circumference 2310, which I changed.

When I connected my Garmin Venu 2 (Settings/Sensors) with the Spd./Cad. 30607 (Which I guess is the Smart Trainer) I saw the setting was also on 2070

However I did a test on the My E Training app for about 5 mins and the Garmin was saying I cycled like 2km but it was more like 100-200m so it was completely inaccurate.

Just to mention, that was before I added the Indoor Cycling Option on the Garmin and before I changed both circumference to 2310mm

I have not test it again as I am waiting for the adapter. I am scared I do damage to my bike and gears as I have noticed the back end moving and gears shifting by itself.

Any help regarding the Garmin/Suito-T/Circumference setting would be appreciated. My E Training app screenshot attached. 

Some pics for ya'll to show how good it looks lol

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6349.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Transformer09 said:

I have not test it again as I am waiting for the adapter. I am scared I do damage to my bike and gears as I have noticed the back end moving and gears shifting by itself.

Any help regarding the Garmin/Suito-T/Circumference setting would be appreciated. My E Training app screenshot attached. 

Snipping for clarity:

Definitely a good idea to park it until you get the right adapter, there's a good chance of damage to your frame and axle if the bike isn't secured properly.

Ignore the My E Training app except for calibration. The actual training part of it is useless. Rather look at Zwift / Rouvy / MyWhoosh / IndieVelo / Wahoo Systm. Many rabbit holes to go down on which one is best for you, but the native one is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

On 8/6/2024 at 5:59 PM, droo said:

Snipping for clarity:

Definitely a good idea to park it until you get the right adapter, there's a good chance of damage to your frame and axle if the bike isn't secured properly.

Ignore the My E Training app except for calibration. The actual training part of it is useless. Rather look at Zwift / Rouvy / MyWhoosh / IndieVelo / Wahoo Systm. Many rabbit holes to go down on which one is best for you, but the native one is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Only reason I am using the My E Training app is the free 12month subscription. I do have Zwift downloaded but havent checked it out yet.

And yes, I am waiting for the adapter. 

1. I am still trying to figure out the circumference part and if 2310mm in the E Training and Garmin settings is the correct setting. I dont know what to put in there. 

2. Also, I guess the sensor that is being picked up on my Garmin watch is the trainer ??? > Spd./Cad. 30607

3. When using the smart trainer, should I choose "indoor cycling" in the Garmin Watch as the activity? 

On 7/31/2024 at 8:11 AM, Spafsack said:

Hi Bond, what do you think of the special below?

https://www.easybike.co.za/tacx-flux-s-smart-trainer.html 

I would still need to buy a 105 cassette and a thru axle for the sl6 tarmac.

Buy from mellow velo.. they have the tacx s bundle for that price.. free heart rate monitor(that’s R1500 value) a water bottle and 6 months free with garmin training app.. I haven’t used that but just heart rate monitor alone is worth it.. and the flux s is working great for me.. very happy

13 hours ago, Transformer09 said:

Only reason I am using the My E Training app is the free 12month subscription. I do have Zwift downloaded but havent checked it out yet.

And yes, I am waiting for the adapter. 

1. I am still trying to figure out the circumference part and if 2310mm in the E Training and Garmin settings is the correct setting. I dont know what to put in there. 

2. Also, I guess the sensor that is being picked up on my Garmin watch is the trainer ??? > Spd./Cad. 30607

3. When using the smart trainer, should I choose "indoor cycling" in the Garmin Watch as the activity? 

3. Zwift connects to garmin and strava etc.. I was just running Zwift and using my heart rate monitor.. nothing else.. once your ride is done you click to upload as normal to both strava and garmin or whichever one you use.. don’t have to track anything from your watch

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just a question, what's the settings I must use on my Garmin watch when I use Zwift/My E-Training cuz when I select "indoor cycling" the watch is completely out of synch with the trainer?

I did a 10km quick ride Yesterday on My E-Training but my Garmin said (Using the indoor cycling option) said I cycled like 114km 🤣

It does pick up the trainer on my watch in settings under sensors

Is there something I need to do? 

5 hours ago, Transformer09 said:

Hi All,

Just a question, what's the settings I must use on my Garmin watch when I use Zwift/My E-Training cuz when I select "indoor cycling" the watch is completely out of synch with the trainer?

I did a 10km quick ride Yesterday on My E-Training but my Garmin said (Using the indoor cycling option) said I cycled like 114km 🤣

It does pick up the trainer on my watch in settings under sensors

Is there something I need to do? 

I went down this rabit hole a while back .... until one of the more experienced Hubbers reminded me that it is about the "time and effort", rather than the accuracy of the watch ....

For "accuracy", stick to the Zwift / MyWhoosh . IndieVelo data as loaded to Strava.

Comparing these three platforms -

- Zwift sets the benchmark

- MyWhoosh is incredibly resource heavy !!!!  The buffering spoilt the experience for me.  I am one of the people that experienced sensor connectivity issues with this platform .... check it, test, fine, start a ride and then it starts acting up ....

- IndieVelo .... it simply WORKS !!!  I love it.

- Only Zwift can load directly to Garmin Connect .... by the sounds of it a licensing/fee issue .... Your next option is to manually load the fit file to Garmin.

- number of other riders .... seems some want the group vibe, other prefer the solitude .... Zwift has the numbers.  Seems MyWhoosh has more than IndieVelo, but just a perception.

Take a step back ... the REAL benefit of a trainer is staying active and the ability to work on power/cadence/endurance, etc .... all these platforms gives the data you need to work on any of these parameters.

PS - I AM a Garmin fan .... it irks that the latter two cant export directly to Garmin .... that is a minor technical function that has no bearing on the training I can get from these platforms.  Data is available on Strava if I want to monitor progress, or I can manually copy the fit file.