Suggestions for MTB holiday in Gauteng / Limpopo / Northern KZN

Hi

We are planning our December holiday. It will be mostly touring around by car but we’d like to get a few MTB rides in along the way. The idea we have at the moment is fly into Lanseria and drive up to Cradle of Mankind. We will need to rent bikes and have confirmed they have a limited number there for hire. Then perhaps a day trip to Big Red Barn. Haven’t looked at this much but sounds like they have bike rentals and looks family friendly - we have a 12 year-old with us.

Then we’d like to head across to Hoedspruit and Kruger. I’ve been in contact with someone in Hoedspruit that can hopefully set us up with bikes. Is there anywhere en route between Cradle of Mankind and Hoedspruit that is worth stopping for a day of riding that has bikes for rent? So far I’ve haven’t been able to find bike rental between the 2 so haven’t looked for trails.

Happy to extend the stay in Gauteng if there are other trail areas worth checking out. Criteria will be bike rental and not too much elevation gain.

Potentially also looking at heading over to Ponta do Ouro so anything in northern KZN would also be an option.

Thank you.

Stu

19 hours ago, Sally E Kirk said:

Tranquilitas Adventure Farm, Waterval Boven area, Mpumalanga -cycling and rock climbing.  Variety of accommodation on site.  https://tranquilitas.com

Thank you. Do you know of any bike rental options in the area