Stolen: Trek FUEL EX 5 DEORE 2023 (Western Cape)

Mumofboys

Bike RETRIEVED by SRT and the police - there is hope guys - the BEST thing you can do, is act as quickly as possible - I believe there is a syndicate. It is absolutely intolerable - can anyone recommend anything better than air tagging a bike - is there a dot thing like on cars too? Obvs now going to insure it AS I HAD JUST SAID I WOULD, then you know, one day turns in to the next. Counting myself (my son) VERY lucky and an extremely responsive SAPS and SRT - great to know that SA still works!

56 minutes ago, Mumofboys said:

Bike RETRIEVED by SRT and the police - there is hope guys - the BEST thing you can do, is act as quickly as possible - I believe there is a syndicate. It is absolutely intolerable - can anyone recommend anything better than air tagging a bike - is there a dot thing like on cars too? Obvs now going to insure it AS I HAD JUST SAID I WOULD, then you know, one day turns in to the next. Counting myself (my son) VERY lucky and an extremely responsive SAPS and SRT - great to know that SA still works!

Yes, there is a microdot system for bicycles ... 

As you have experienced, most bikes are stolen from home .... stay far clear of these switch on-off options.

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Yes, there is a microdot system for bicycles ... 

As you have experienced, most bikes are stolen from home .... stay far clear of these switch on-off options.

Thanks - I've seen the tracker for my car offer bike trackers - or those ones in the handlebar - I can't for the STRESS and trauma - and lucky they didn't get me. x Thank you x