Stuck Seat Post

JJDT

What is the best way to get a stuck seat post out?

Wanted to do a setup and while in the setup it was found that my seat height was a bit to low. Wanted to adjust it and found it will not move stuck inside the frame. Bike is with LBS for two days now and when I asked this afternoon, I was informed that there was not any progress to get it out. Normal Aluminum Frame bike with Aluminum seat post.

So and I want to take my bike and with advise from this forum I might just get the seat post out myself.

Any tips and tricks for getting the seat post out of the frame.

I have read of people putting the seat post ITSELF in a vice (remove seat), then using the FRAME to carefully wiggle/jiggle the seat post out, since great variety of hand positions and/or better leverage (done carefully…)…

Turn frame upside-down and over a few days spray penetrative oil into the seat tube through a bottle cage hole or at the BB let it soak then clamp the seatpost in a vice then pour boiling water over the frame at the seat/top tube lug while twisting the frame small gentle movements side to side.

Edited by Barry