MTB spider based power meter

Vishal72

Looking at getting a spider based power meter for the MTB.

Narrowed the choice down to the SIGEYI Axo and Power2Max Ngeco.

Would appreciate comments from anyone about their experience with these units

Power2Max NG eco, there is no contest here.

it is proven, incredibly well supported by BicyclePower Trading and spares are easily available. The 2450 coin cell battery lasts at least 6 months with 5-6 rides per week in all weather conditions. The only weakness is the battery compartment cover buy BPT have a solution should the plastics tab give you trouble and the fix is elegant and secure. My NGeco is 6 years old  and it has never missed a watt

I haven't used a Sigeyi unit yet so I can't comment on the reliability or build quality.

I've got both. Sigeyi on my GG. Both work perfectly. Had the Sigeyi for about 3 years, no issues. Been underwater with it too. I like the internal battery and IMO it is nicer looking than the NGeco that is on my mtb. 

The sealing rubber on the NGeco doesn't seem very robust. A friend's one fell off mid ride. 

If the battery cover fell off , the plastic retaining tabs are damaged or broken. There’s an upgraded cover available from bicycle power trading 

I have a Sigeyi, no issues and I like the rechargeable battery. It compares spot on with a 4iii and Quarq.