Help needed finding out more about HANSOM

countsabel

My hansom 531 tubing was (until 2000) a sweet ride until a guy with a combi decided to stop in front of me in the cycling lane (was doing about 30-35kph). The color scheme was very similar to your bike. I however had my bike resprayed- a nice Le France yellow and got some original royal blue decals. Fork and wheels survived the crash but the frame bent on the top and bottom tube as a result of the impact. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know where I could source reliable jpegs of the HANSOM branding, so that i could vectorise them to make stickers for the bike once if has been cleaned and resprayed or powdercoated ...

I've still got my Hansom with Reynolds 531 tubing - State of the art when I got it in '86 ;o)

The paint job is similar to the pic, just red and white...

Wasnt Gotty also involved with a Mountain Bike brand called Rockspider?

Had a friend here in Cape Town who "long ago" was trying to get something going and seem to remember him mentioning a Gotty Hansen.

As Lurker said,  it was the beginning of the end (to my finances anyway).

MTBfreak, what the hell size is that? Focking huge?OMG, you have original "QRings" on thereLOL

TNT12008-07-22 12:27:24

not really sure what size it is...but if memory serves me, it is slightly too small for me...

The last tie I was on it was in '95

not really sure what size it is...but if memory serves me' date=' it is slightly too small for me...

The last tie I was on it was in '95
[/quote']

OMG... Gotti custom built a frame for my brother-in-law who is over seven foot... In retrospect, it must have been one of the last frames he built... I reckon I can get my mitts on a collectors piece, especially seeing as my brother-in-law is now a pirate...

those biopace chainrings rock!!!

LOL And now the qring okes are making a killing... I bet someone at shimano is kicking themselves for discontinuing nthem...

I am still living in Hammanskraal. Raced Hansoms as a kid. There are a few of the old Hansom factory workers kicking about. Don't know if that helps?