The good thing about starting over...

AndreZA

As some might know I was off the bike for about 18 months. Got back on about 3 months ago and gradually building up distance. I'm on 80km now. Although I'm still weak I can atleast go the distance. Anyway, the good thing about starting over is that you can concentrate on technique. I never did the whole push-pull concept and just pounded as hard as I could. I'm working very hard on my pedaling technique and try to keep my cadence as high as possible aswell. I can feel now I'm smoother and can keep it there for longer. I'm also not just using my lungs to breath but my diaphram aswell. I can take in more oxygen and although my HR is @ 90% I can hold it there until my legs give in.

If I only put this amount of "thought" into my riding from the beginning, I might have made the licensed vets.

i'm dreading having to start over again... i admit that i was lucky when i started cycling.... i'd had a bike for less than 3 months when i got some serious "technique" training/drilling by one of sa's top tandem riders... and when ian says something you'd best listen and do as told! Wink

Mampara, it's so great to hear how you are rebuilding so diligently. Sounds like you are really loving your riding at the moment and that's the important part!

Now to get you on that mountain bike!!

Mampara' date=' it's so great to hear how you are rebuilding so diligently. Sounds like you are really loving your riding at the moment and that's the important part!

Now to get you on that mountain bike!!
[/quote']

Yip, I am enjoying it again. I just love that smell that's in the air early on a Saturday/Sunday morning. And getting home and see how much darker my "cycle tan" has become.

Regarding the MTB, it will be with us very soon, promise.