2009 Raleigh

rock

Guest Big H
I will not beg for a Raleigh' date=' first they gave them to the pro teams, now they are trying to give them away to the plebs.WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

What sense does that make. you sell a bike to make money, not give it away............ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

OOOOOO I forgot it is a Raleigh afterallEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

and this is all tongue in cheek of courseLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL, don't flame me
[/quote']

You must be very naive to think that the Bianci's used by Barloworld, the Cervelo's used by CSC, the Felt's, Trek's etc etc by teams in RSA were bought by the riders themselves. If you DESPISE the manufacturers who "gave bikes to the pro teams" it does not leave you with a very wide choice does it mmmmmmmm?????? By the way what bike do YOU ride that is NOT used by so called PRO TEAMS????????

......................... and this is all tongue in cheek of courseLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL, don't flame me
Big H2008-07-25 09:23:37

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not beg for a Raleigh' date=' first they gave them to the pro teams, now they are trying to give them away to the plebs.WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

What sense does that make. you sell a bike to make money, not give it away............ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

OOOOOO I forgot it is a Raleigh afterallEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

and this is all tongue in cheek of courseLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL, don't flame me

[/quote']

You must be very naive to think that the Bianci's used by Barloworld, the Cervelo's used by CSC, the Felt's, Trek's etc etc by teams in RSA were bought by the riders themselves. If you DESPISE the manufacturers who "gave bikes to the pro teams" it does not leave you with a very wide choice does it mmmmmmmm?????? By the way what bike do YOU ride that is NOT used by so called PRO TEAMS????????

Hallo H

I ride a Fondriest, not a common bike more of an acquired taste,  you know the shaken not stirred type.

Like an old Italian beauty, got it for a bargain though, that is why I ride it. I started riding on a Raleigh RC 3000 farm gate with a Sora triple groupset.

So as I said it was tongue in cheek, nothing meant.  It is like you, you have a dislike in Campy as I have a dislike in Shimano and I dislike Raleigh.  End of story.

Guest Big H

[/quote']

Hallo H

I ride a Fondriest, not a common bike more of an acquired taste,  you know the shaken not stirred type.

Like an old Italian beauty, got it for a bargain though, that is why I ride it. I started riding on a Raleigh RC 3000 farm gate with a Sora triple groupset.

So as I said it was tongue in cheek, nothing meant.  It is like you, you have a dislike in Campy as I have a dislike in Shimano and I dislike Raleigh.  End of story.

Het jy geweet dat Lance Armstrong toe hy vir Motorola gery het 'n Fondriest met kempekker goedjies op gehad het???????

[/quote']

Hallo H

Het jy geweet dat Lance Armstrong toe hy vir Motorola gery het 'n Fondriest met kempekker goedjies op gehad het???????

Hallo Hendrik

Ek weet ek het 'n klomp mense nou kwaad gemaak.

Het nie 'n probleem daarmee nie ons is hier om ons se te se maar dit beteken nie dat ons ander kan sleg se nie.  Soos jy sal oplet het ek niemand sleg gese nie net gese ek hou nie van Raleigh nie.  Ek het begin op een en het goeie tye met hom gehad.  Maar ek het aan beweeg en ry nou die Fondriest weet ook nie vir hoe lank nie want bliksempie het die raam oorgeneem soos ek verneem het en ek ry nou Specialized.  En Gerolsteiner ry nou met hulle so daar gaan daardie verweer.

Maar ja dit is soos die ou Ford Chev kwesie gewees jare terug toe die ouens mekaar gemoer het oor die kar wat jou pa gery het.

En dit sal tot in lengte van dae bespreek word.

hoop jy wen die fiets. 

*hijack*

Ek weet daar loop leeus in Botswana se noorde rond en ook in Nambie.  loop die leeus daar by julle ook in die nag rond ( vier potige tipe )

* hijack off*

Tongue

Here goes my Bid for the RM ...

I only ride a Raleigh, in the last two years alone I have had A

RC2000 ALU

RC6000 ALU

RC 6000 CARBON

I am now on - RC Team 2008 Black and red, see my pics in the photo forum20080725_114153_2007_raleigh_li.jpg

To top all of the above I have this Kit which I ride in

.. I have been a Raleigh Brand Supporter since

1980, on my first 12 Speed..  A Raleigh....

My father made me ride a 2nd hand Raleigh chopper for a year ,to prove

I enjoyed cycling and maintain the bicyle...

On my 13th i woke up to find a brand new shiny 12 speed, next to my bed.

I rode two sets of tyres, right to the tube in the first months.......

I have very fond memories spent on the Saddle... always on A raleigh

The current synergy betwen RALEIGH and DEDACCIAI empowers the everyday cyclist, like myself to ride an affordable beautiful carbon, bike..
NEWBY00072008-07-25 11:54:11

Embarrassed

I need, really need a mountain bike,

Most importantly I need the RM cos it is a RALEIGH

My Current RC TEAM would enjoy the company,

I need to ride some mountain bike challenges,

The RM would be the perfect match for my Kit, pictured in the post below..

I want to be a RALEIGH BRAND AMBASADOR, one who rides

with pride on the road, and off.......

I need the RM ,

I REALLY NEED IT COS IT WOULD NOT JUST FILL A SPACE

BUT THE RM WILL FILL MY RALEIGH TRANSPORT.....REQUIREMENTS

I WOULD PROUDLY RIDE RALEIGH ON THE ROAD AND OFF...

LIKE I SAID ITS REALLY NEEDED.
NEWBY00072008-07-25 12:09:59

20080725_122820_IMAGE_065.jpg

This is suzy2 MY perfect match,

I CONSIDER MYSELF THE PERFECT RALEIGH BRAND AMBASADOR,

JUST ONE SMALL DETAIL THAT NEEDS ATTENTION,

TO MAKE ME THE ULTIMATE AMBASADOR, MY SUZY NEEDS A HARD CORE

LIFE PARTNER, THE RM.. SO SHE HAS COMPANY WHILST I AM AT WORK..

I WOULD BE THE ALL TIME UTIMATE ALL ROUND RALEIGH SUPER BRAND AMBASADOR.... PROMOTING RALEIGH EVEN IN MY SLEEP.......

A PERFECT SYNERGY BETWEEN ME AND MY RALEIGH'S

BOTH ON AND OFF THE ROAD...

I WIN I WIN I NEED TO WIN
NEWBY00072008-07-25 12:34:25

Ok, I have helped may riders 'better' themselves. I have seen donkeys turned into race horses. But even with alot of drugs, these guys still cant stand a Raleigh.

Throw them on a heap and pour petrol on them. Thats what they deserve.

Ouch

HUH DUDE, I ONLY RIDE RALEIGH

ONLY WEAR RALEIGH

CHECK MY NEW

Who u wanna pour petrol on?

Ok' date=' I have helped may riders 'better' themselves. I have seen donkeys turned into race horses. But even with alot of drugs, these guys still cant stand a Raleigh.

[/quote']

Waste of good petrolShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

Just don't buy one

Ok' date=' I have helped may riders 'better' themselves. I have seen donkeys turned into race horses. But even with alot of drugs, these guys still cant stand a Raleigh.

[/quote']

Funny you should talk about drugs...is that for the riders or the horses.Wink

What a pargetic bunch the average South African cyclist has turned out to be.

In 14 pages there is so much stupidity its scary to think these twits are sometimes in the same bunch as me.

I guarantee most of you wouldn't be able to tell what bike you're riding if it was devoid of branding and furthermore, you wouldn't feel a difference between a top end frame and an entry level frame if they had the same groupset and were set up the same.

Get a life .......  oh dear, heaven help us if this is your life!

idrive

I agree.put some of these guys on a RC 3000 with decent wheels and group and they will still do the same times.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BIKE!!!!!

idrive

I agree.put some of these guys on a RC 3000 with decent wheels and group and they will still do the same times.

Some people drive BMW some drive Ford some VW, I ride what I like and I DO NOT LIKE Raleigh.

It is that simple.

Yes some riders on Raleigh's are faster than me, so what I choose what I want to ride.  And it is definitely not a Raleigh

but you have to feel good while riding itTongue

I have to be honest when I used to ride a DBR it was quite a rough ride and damn heavy, but it looked great to me and that's part of what motivated me to go out and train most mornings.

Sorry ,but I cannot see myself getting excited over a Raleigh especially a yellow oneLOL

Tikki' date=' that one was already very good!

But I see that some guys like Big H really like us and don't want to say any bad things. So for those guys we start a second competition now:

We'll give a new MR 5.0 (complete bike) away. But you have to give us a reason, why you need this bike and why you deserve it. The one with the best story will get the bike as soon as it is available.

20080725_072133_MR5.jpg
[/quote']

Clap Clap Clap