Snakes and Bikes

The Guy in Pink

T-Bag ..... brag - gat!!!!!! I suppose yours has the same spots on it too!!!!

Pinky..... you dont get them thar snakes whilst cycling do you..... what is your average speed now???????

Big H,

I see plenty of snakes every time I ride - fortunately squashed.

I saw a sloth (alive) crossing the road very slowly.

I am on a mountain bike with knobblies, but to-day with about 25km of motorpace thrown in my average was 36km/hr.

(Moutain bike is a stupid term here - we have absolutely flat roads. not even a 3 metre rise in 35km. )

Just after the harvest when it started hotting up there was a mouse plague here with the resulting increase in snake activity. I counted 59 dead puffaders iin a 75 km section. The dead mice on the road surface was also astounding. In the areas whre they sell wild corn and mielies there must be at least 20 dead rodents per square meter squashed dead by passing trucks. We seldom saw alive snakes and mice. Imagine what it looked like in the bush!!!!! Yecccch!!!!

Big H' date='

I see plenty of snakes every time I ride - fortunately squashed.

I saw a sloth (alive) crossing the road very slowly.

I am on a mountain bike with knobblies, but to-day with about 25km of motorpace thrown in my average was 36km/hr.

(Moutain bike is a stupid term here - we have absolutely flat roads. not even a 3 metre rise in 35km. )

[/quote']

Does not matter.No reason you can't find some killer single track and work out a beaut route.Watch out for the snakes,spiders and other nasty creepy crawly's that live in your neck of the woods

A few years ago we had a Koningkriek ( Parktown prawn) plague in the Soutpansberg. We had a club race on the Airforce base road,  but it was impossible to ride in a bunch because we had to keep swerving to avoid them. Their sharp bits punctured tyres and our bikes ended up covered in revolting goo.

I have a nice pick of myself.  I use to have a Rock Python.  Almost 3m long.  As soon as I have unpacked in PE I will post it.  There is nothing like it as to protect yourself by carrying your snake around your neck.  You come across some good sprinters ;)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I bought it while it was still in high school.  It was only 600 mm long. I sold I because I couldn?t send feeding him anymore. Pinkies are fine, but when it comes to cute little bunnies it is not funny anymore.

Quote Kranswurm

Does not matter.No reason you can't find some killer single track and work out a beaut route.Watch out for the snakes,spiders and other nasty creepy crawly's that live in your neck of the woods

Off road can be a problem. We live on a tidal swamp with clay 30 metre deep,  At full moon like now any area that is not poldered is flooded at high tide. I get stuck in my gumboots on site, and bulldozers with swamp tracks battle.

There are no tracks into the jungle, as it is totally impenatrable , so its made roads or nothing.