Frames?

Grapkas

Ever priced the Fuji?

I got my frame for 7k

Which i don't think is that badErmm

Not bad, but for another 6.4k you could have gotten shimano wheels (560), ultegra, fsa cranks, SI saddle, ritchey wcs bits Big%20smile. but I think it always works out a bit more when you buy a frame on its own - at least you can build it up EXACTLY as you want it.

I'm very happy with my Fuji, stiff, comfortable, very light....AND no cracks AND cheap (unlike cervelo, giant, trek - LOL)

mampara, that special is for the Anthem2 fitted with Deore XT. The Trance with SRam/Shimano combo is a tad more than that.... i almost bought one (of the Anthems) before the Crater Cruise (using money from my bond!) but decided to rather stick with original plan of build first then get bike with what's left over if possible....

Aren't all the CR1's the same and just the colour scheme change?

Same same but different.

The "Team Issue" and "SL" frames are about 100g lighter than the rest of the range.  I forget where the difference comes from - it may be slightly thinner walled (and pricier) carbon for the two posher frames.  It's not a huge difference, but it's there.

The main difference lies in the fork.  The one on the team issue is around 80gr lighter than those on "lesser" frames.  The rest of the weight difference (I was told) lies in the fact that the team issue frames are hand selected from the production line.

BTW Slowpoke, I see from your signature that we have another DM fan on board...

R2S2, you betcha... i actually like a huge diversity of music.... but most of what i like has a more cynical edge to it Evil%20Smile

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also looking for a road frame - I like Bianchi but its to expensive, the C2C 928 Carbon goes for R14 000.

I can get a Specialized (Tarmac) for R7 000 - is it a good price?

Any other suggestions please - more or less in the pricerange of R7-R8 000