Simonsvlei

stringbean

Kilo - how about adding something positive for a change ...

Like what, I really did think about spikeing tooHots coolade with something POSITIVE, but whats the point, he'd still get dropped...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilo - how about adding something positive for a change ...

Like what' date=' I really did think about spikeing tooHots coolade with something POSITIVE, but whats the point, he'd still get dropped...

[/quote']

i think i need to teach u a lesson in how to race like a champion

killarney, scracth + 2 - u and me, it son like donkey kong!

Guest colonel

Omg' date=' also had a really bad racing day. It started the night before already, not making excuses but my throat felt a little sore, so the next morning before the race I took my RHR over 8mins and it was 3beats higher than usual so I don?t know if that would make a significant diff in performance??<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The start was fast, we AV 39.2km/h for the first 10km?s?I only stayed on for 9more before I popped off after pulling in front as per instructions, Robby will be the death of me hiehie, of he?ll make me his nr One bitch!!

TooHot, I felt like you did yesterday after the race, thinking I should just quite this League racing, but you know what. When I started racing I could not even stay with the Highstreet Old ppl, steadily I started to hang on and now I have to use my Mtb riding with them or I?ll just be waiting my time training with them. Then I started working my way thru the seeding groups just like every1 else and now I?m at my final challenge after almost 2years.

This is a big Challenge I must admit, but f*ck that, that?s what I want, I need to challenge myself and that?s essentially what cycling / life is about, you not going to get any better riding with ppl of the same strength, you need to suffer, you need to get dropped, you need to be brought back to earth, hard! Every now and again. Like Fatty said, Riding for Robby for 2years, he got dropped on almost all his rides but now all that hard work is starting to surface, I?m so happy for him, it just goes to show hard work do pay off one day, for some it my take a longer and for others maybe faster, but I do firmly believe we can all become great cyclists, it?s just a matter of time!

Hang in there buddy!Cry

[/quote']

By the sounds of things your whole year has been a shocker???

I don't think that it has only been limited to this year.

Colonel??? Only one post.

DANG! That is some serious ADHD. Have you tried Ritlen... I hear that it is actually good for 2 things... The less popular being ADHD.

Nah, it's only since Bikemax convinced Marius that he's League material, that his results has turned shocking. 

Before the Argus I was riding with Marius in the "FUN"-rides every weekend and we had lots of fun.  He was riding very well and improving hand over fist.

If Marius never makes it in league racing, it will not be because he did not try.  That said, I think he's out of his league (excuse the pun) riding in SV. But he's still hopefull because Fatty and Bikemax keeps telling him that proper training will get him thereLOLLOLLOLLOLWacko.

Sorry Kilo i was excep. K@K yest. Was sick for 2week going and @ doctor Saterday. He said i am fine for riding but when u start riding it is a dif, story. Stayed with bunch till before klupmuts crossing, but decided to call it quits. Still not fully recovered.

The worst day on the bike this year. Woke up with a headache (no drinking for 3 months) so something else was wrong. No legs' date=' no guts, nothing!

But we will struggle onEmbarrassed

Glad to see I did not suffer alone.
[/quote']

If you think back, there will be one day, somewhere in the past, where you woke up after a heavy night without a hangover......sounds like the hangover finally caught up with you on Sunday!Wink

I only did the 32km ride after the start marshal bit....started at the back of the first group and did a TT to the junction of the R44, then got stopped im my tracks by one of the BP youngsters struggling to fix a flat...that took about 7 minutes to sort out, back on the bike and redlining all the way to the finish...nice workout.  Finished just as Donkey and friends completed their ride.  Some ******** that sat on my wheel for the last 5k's decided to sprint for the finish from 500m out...nearly ended up in the middle of an elite bunch sprintAngry  (What about "Watch out, bunch coming!" is so hard to understand???)

Sorry Kilo i was excep. K@K yest. Was sick for 2week going and @ doctor Saterday. He said i am fine for riding but when u start riding it is a dif' date=' story. Stayed with bunch till before klupmuts crossing, but decided to call it quits. Still not fully recovered.

[/quote']

I know the feeling, sorry to hear it. There are plenty of guys on the start line that are at 100% and if you are unlucky enough not to be aswell, well, they are going to absolutly murder you.

But have no doubt that you'll be back and making moves again next week.

Recover quickly!

Nah' date=' it's only since Bikemax convinced Marius that he's League material, that his results has turned shocking. 

Before the Argus I was riding with Marius in the "FUN"-rides every weekend and we had lots of fun.  He was riding very well and improving hand over fist.

If Marius never makes it in league racing, it will not be because he did not try.  That said, I think he's out of his league (excuse the pun) riding in SV. But he's still hopefull because Fatty and Bikemax keeps telling him that proper training will get him thereLOLLOLLOLLOLWacko.
[/quote']

I don't think his results have been shocking at all - he has ridden well in a very tough league and it is easy to forget that it is his first season - any of you that have not ridden SV or other league may not realise how much harder it is than any of the seeded groups. He has also had to learn race tactics etc.

Marius will make it in league racing because he rides with commitment and heart and gives it his all. He is by no means out of his league with these riders but has also had to sacrifice his chances of staying with the bunch on many occasions by working for the team.

Interesting fact:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If you look at the first 10 finishers in the SV race the past weekend you notice the following:

The 10 guys have 128years of cycling experience between then, that?s a AV of 12.8years of racing per cyclist.

The guy cycling for 24years finished 10th this weekend and the guy cycling the shortest time amount for time, just 4years finishing 9th this weekend in the SV?s is Riaan Joubert.

So there you have it, for some it?ll take a few decades and for others a little less than half a decade.

TooHot, you only cycling for 3years??? Killo, you have 11years right??LOLWink

Interesting fact:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If you look at the first 10 finishers in the SV race the past weekend you notice the following:

The 10 guys have 128years of cycling experience between then' date=' that?s a AV of 12.8years of racing per cyclist.

The guy cycling for 24years finished 10th this weekend and the guy cycling the shortest time amount for time, just 4years finishing 9th this weekend in the SV?s is Riaan Joubert.

So there you have it, for some it?ll take a few decades and for others a little less than half a decade.

TooHot, you only cycling for 3years??? Killo, you have 11years right??LOLWink

[/quote']

Well, here is an hour of productive time that your boss is never going to get back!!!

Hi marius

Well almost right, i started cycling again in 2002, but i used to race in the 90's as a junior and under 17. I stopped in 1998 when i went back to study.

I got my first sub 3 hour argus when i was 16 years old and did my first sub 2 hour 100km race when i was 15 (Sanlam). I used to race very competitively when i was younger, probably more so than i do now.

But in short you could say i have only been cycling for 4 years cos i had a 5 year break in between from 98-2002.

But yeah i have pretty much only been cycling for about 3-4 years now since i started again in 2002.

Actually makes me feel quite good after reading your post marius

Thanks Tongue

They should introduce categories within the age groups of league racing. They did it in the 90's and it was great. I Think it might lure alot more ppl back into league racing, maybe me as well

Hi marius

Well almost right' date=' i started cycling again in 2002, but i used to race in the 90's as a junior and under 17. I stopped in 1998 when i went back to study.

I got my first sub 3 hour argus when i was 16 years old and did my first sub 2 hour 100km race when i was 15 (Sanlam). I used to race very competitively when i was younger, probably more so than i do now.

But in short you could say i have only been cycling for 4 years cos i had a 5 year break in between from 98-2002.

But yeah i have pretty much only been cycling for about 3-4 years now since i started again in 2002.

Actually makes me feel quite good after reading your post marius

Thanks Tongue
[/quote']

Bla Bla Bla.... The world hates me and I have sooooo many good reasons to be this bad.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha....