Simonsvlei

stringbean

Interesting fact:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If you look at the first 10 finishers in the SV race the past weekend you notice the following:

The 10 guys have 128years of cycling experience between then' date=' that?s a AV of 12.8years of racing per cyclist.

The guy cycling for 24years finished 10th this weekend and the guy cycling the shortest time amount for time, just 4years finishing 9th this weekend in the SV?s is Riaan Joubert.

So there you have it, for some it?ll take a few decades and for others a little less than half a decade.

TooHot, you only cycling for 3years??? Killo, you have 11years right??LOLWink

[/quote']

WhatevaSleepy

M, please prove me wrong, by getting a podium in SV, before you turn 40.  You still have like 8 years or something.  And Fatty did it in less than 4 years so you have to be able to as well.  If you believe that, then go for itWink.

Oh, and get out of that team of yours, 'cause there you'll never get a podiumLOL.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to all

Sorry - I had to miss Sunday's ride. Just completed a renovation job on a showhouse that was showing Sun-afternoon and needless to say had a HUNDRED and ten things to fix the last 3 days!!

So I made a decision not too race - would have had no focus or commitment!!

At least I had a good OFM-classic. Did a 2:54 in a howlinng wind and won the B-bunch sprint! Losing time only timed me over the finishing mats so ended up 8th... Guess that's life.

Looks like the F-guys had a storming ride! And the Met-train worked I see. Well done and pity I missed it. Will be in Jhb for the 94.7 this weekend so see everyone only at Tour de Winelands I huess. Hopefully in E or better.

Cheers

Naas 

Interesting fact:

If you look at the first 10 finishers in the SV race the past weekend you notice the following:

The 10 guys have 128years of cycling experience between then' date=' that?s a AV of 12.8years of racing per cyclist.

The guy cycling for 24years finished 10th this weekend and the guy cycling the shortest time amount for time, just 4years finishing 9th this weekend in the SV?s is Riaan Joubert.

So there you have it, for some it?ll take a few decades and for others a little less than half a decade.

TooHot, you only cycling for 3years??? Killo, you have 11years right??LOLWink

[/quote']

WhatevaSleepy

M, please prove me wrong, by getting a podium in SV, before you turn 40.  You still have like 8 years or something.  And Fatty did it in less than 4 years so you have to be able to as well.  If you believe that, then go for itWink.

Oh, and get out of that team of yours, 'cause there you'll never get a podiumLOL.

MW -  IMO getting a podium is not necessary to be considered a success in SV.

Ironically however, riding for a team like Vineyard BikeMax is actually his best chance of getting a podium - just ask Fatty. By riding in the front and getting in the breaks, making the racing etc - not only do you get fitter and faster but you also find that one day you are in a break that stays away.

On top of that it ensures you play a part and do not just sit in and try to survive in the pack - but that's a personal choice I guess each rider has to make Wink

Ironically however' date=' riding for a team like Vineyard BikeMax is actually his best chance of getting a podium - just ask Fatty. By riding in the front and getting in the breaks, making the racing etc - not only do you get fitter and faster but you also find that one day you are in a break that stays away.

On top of that it ensures you play a part and do not just sit in and try to survive in the pack - but that's a personal choice I guess each rider has to make Wink
[/quote']

ErmmErmmmm, I was lucky enough to be having lunch with the great Marius yesterday after the race.  Dude, you have no idea how far Marius is from breaking away from the SV bunch.  Stay away???  PLEASE!!!Wacko

Unless of course if Marius is just giving me truckloads of BS to keep me off his back as to why he's being dropped so early in every SV race.  But I think not...

I don't think his results have been shocking at all - he has ridden well in a very tough league and it is easy to forget that it is his first season - any of you that have not ridden SV or other league may not realise how much harder it is than any of the seeded groups. He has also had to learn race tactics etc.

Marius will make it in league racing because he rides with commitment and heart and gives it his all. He is by no means out of his league with these riders but has also had to sacrifice his chances of staying with the bunch on many occasions by working for the team.

Does Marius pay you extra for all this BS encouragement??? Or is it justs a perk for him gutting himself for the "BM" team???

I don't think his results have been shocking at all - he has ridden well in a very tough league and it is easy to forget that it is his first season - any of you that have not ridden SV or other league may not realise how much harder it is than any of the seeded groups. He has also had to learn race tactics etc.

Marius will make it in league racing because he rides with commitment and heart and gives it his all. He is by no means out of his league with these riders but has also had to sacrifice his chances of staying with the bunch on many occasions by working for the team.

Does Marius pay you extra for all this BS encouragement??? Or is it justs a perk for him gutting himself for the "BM" team???

Kilo, you've been annoying all morningClown!  Why now all of a sudden do you start talking senceLOLLOLLOLLOL

Guest colonel

HAHAHAHAHA I laughing my knob off here with KiloMaster. Dude you on the mark today!

It's called positive feedback and appreciation for his efforts.

Try it somtime instead of all this negative stuff you spend all day sending out..Wink

Ironically however' date=' riding for a team like Vineyard BikeMax is actually his best chance of getting a podium - just ask Fatty. By riding in the front and getting in the breaks, making the racing etc - not only do you get fitter and faster but you also find that one day you are in a break that stays away.

[/quote']

ErmmErmmmm, I was lucky enough to be having lunch with the great Marius yesterday after the race.  Dude, you have no idea how far Marius is from breaking away from the SV bunch.  Stay away???  PLEASE!!!Wacko

Unless of course if Marius is just giving me truckloads of BS to keep me off his back as to why he's being dropped so early in every SV race.  But I think not...

Well MW you are obviously the expert in league racing so I guess we will just have to leave it at that..

Guest colonel

Hey

I dont want to do the event and no-one seems to care but myself!! So Im riding it but Im being told who for soon if its the uct/h2c2 or their social team. But if I havent mentioned it before I dont want to ride 205km!

[/quote']

Well MW you are obviously the expert in league racing so I guess we will just have to leave it at that..

Bikemax are you sure you're quoting the right post dudeConfused.  Sarcasm is only any good if you use it wisely.  My inexperience at league racing has nothing to do with what Marius says after a race.  In Marius' own words: "Ek ry flatout en ek breek nie eens weg van die SV bunch af nie dude!".  I think Marius is the only expert at how well he is really doing in SV.