There's just something about singletrack...

Hog_

I took the 'goose out to Logwood this morning. I haven't done any good sessions at Logwood since I started riding again, so it took me a while to get into things. New tyres and a new shock don't help for instant confidence either.  Dropped the tyre pressures a bit, softened the shock... started to feel better. Then I dropped the seat by about 15mm, pulled the pressures down a little more... and then it came together! OH MY SOUL!!! The bike just felt right! Tearing it up, cornering, pushing myself harder and harder, through Zombie Birdhouse, Maelstrom, Switchback, Sugar bowl.... There's just something about it! That feeling of flying through the track, tearing through the corners, going over obstacles, down drop-offs... pure bliss!

Smile

My trusty 07 Meteore Comp, with a few upgrades. Need to find a good deal on a good 100mm shock then I can stop upgrading her.

what mm shock you riding on now?

It's 100mm, but it's a bottom-range Suntour. Not really great if you compare it to pretty much anything else Wink

looks like we're in for a real treat at the next minedump ride..... move over Burry

My body tends to disagree with me over the speed and duration of my efforts. But I really enjoy it for the 20 10 5 minutes before I get a stitch in my side, start seeing stars and throwing up my lungs. WinkTongue

But yes, the minedump ride should be fun!

and then you hit a treeLOL

Nah its great' date=' what goose you got again, Hog?
[/quote']

some of us actually try not to ride into the trees Wink

looks like we're in for a real treat at the next minedump ride..... move over Burry

My body tends to disagree with me over the speed and duration of my efforts. But I really enjoy it for the 20 10 5 minutes before I get a stitch in my side' date=' start seeing stars and throwing up my lungs. WinkTongue

But yes, the minedump ride should be fun!

[/quote']

then we'll have to hit the singletrack out behind murray park, and then back past the prison. now, don't be going and getting fit on us now! haha!

then we'll have to hit the singletrack out behind murray park' date=' and then back past the prison. now, don't be going and getting fit on us now! haha!
[/quote']

Sound sweet! Don't worry about me and fitness. Even if I manage to find the time to ride 4 hours a day, it'll still take me at least 2 years to get fit! Dead