Scott Scale 10 vs Giant XTC Comp = MTB Frames

Brakkies Sport Fotos

Hi

I'm thinking of getting myself a hardtial MTB.Don't worry about the fall and then broken frame etc.

Two options (both carbon). I can get both @ the same price. (2006 models)

Scott Scale 10 or Giant XTC Composite. The scale frame weigh 970gram, (not sure what the XTC weigh)

If I it it with a carbonfibre seatpost, How much softer/harder will the ride be? (compare to duel suspension that is set for very hard).

Carbon will only absort vibration, it will not give you "travel". I'm sure even if a shock is set to "hard" it gives a bit of compression, even if it's just 3-5mm. Carbon will not.

They're the same thing really, hardtails. They might help remove the buzz, nothing is ever gonna give you anything like real travel!

Popeye, having only been on a Alu HR and Alu DS bike, I can't offer any advice , but like to say the BIGGEST factor for me when I switched from the HT to the DS was the fork, I had a entry level fork on the HT and the DS bike had a really cool fork, if I'd known what a MOERSE diff a fork would made I think the first upgrade on the HT would have been the fork, so what am I saying, I'm saying the HT frames I'm guessign will not make much diffs, just get the right fork.

marius is right! (did I just say that Big%20smile)

I remember the first time I rode with my Fox fork coming off a headhok...what a difference.

Marius, I've got the Rockshox Reba Race with 4" travel.

Willing to put a top carbon seatpost.

The scale's weight sounds great , but the problem with the scale is you get it to mount (only) disc brakes or a frame with onlt V's.

You cannot setup these on one frame, its brake spesific, were the Giant can be fitted with both.

Thx Rock?I think..Well them Popeye, you got a sweet fork already, so you might not even feel the diffs, maybe only when you don't have the rear suspension going over dumps you'll start feeling the diffs between the DS and HT. That said, I had to look far and wide to find a DS bike that's V's comp. Can't imagine you having to much trouble finding a V comp HT??? Have you looked at Orbea's Carbon HT as well Popeye, sjoe, hulle is darm mooi!Tongue<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Check the geometry out as well. Far as I know the Scale is very compact, suited to short course racing where the Giant is a little more stretched out.

My hardtail is an Alum XTC and I love the way that bike feels, but that also depends on your height etc.... what I'm actually saying is you need to ride them !!!

Nog nie gesien, gaan nou kyk.

Thanks Marius, ..moet nie stuur aan die ander outjie's, hulle is jaloers, Jy's die slimste outjie hier...

(ek bedoel, of dit nou medies, machanic of dietician,,, jy het dit)

smiley17.gif

Buff. i'm 1.76 and about 77kg's.

The setup will be Mavic crossmax tubeless (means I can go 1.8 on the tyres) with XT parts and the reba race worldcup fork.

Nog nie gesien' date=' gaan nou kyk.

Thanks Marius, ..moet nie stuur aan die ander outjie's, hulle is jaloers, Jy's die slimste outjie hier...

(ek bedoel, of dit nou medies, machanic of dietician,,, jy het dit)

smiley17.gif [/quote']

Embarrassed

I ride the Alloy XTC. I'm 1,85 and weigh 70kgs. I just managed to fit myself on a medium frame. The ride is awesome and my bike is extremly light. IOW I really enjoy the giant and the only reason I'll go for the Scott is weight...

Pops, we're very close... I'm 1.75 and weight 77kg. My XTC was shod with crossmax xl's(sold them), xt crank and sram 9 with a rockshox team sid.

I'll put my granny on it that you won't be disappointed with the Giant, it's an awesome ride.

Having said that, I must agree with Marius, the Orbea looks super sweet as well.