Report a support car

Cois

Hi there

Question:  To whom do you report a nut what drove a support car?

It was a white van with Heintz or something like that stickers.

This idiot caught up to us close to the 180 turn to the Nelson Mandela bridge.  Now that is a bad turn to take with only cyclist, but with a idiot on the road with a van with no care fot the cyclist round him.  He stood in the turn when I passed him.  Now that wasnt the bad part.  Just before the brige - there were everyone kicked granny - this idiot is inbetween cyclists not caring for anyone but the person he is seeking.

I am not happy.  I paid for road closure (stated in my papers I got explaining why I paid R195-00)

And don't tell me that someone in the VV group was so important that he / she needed a support car to ride after him / her...  Or maybe the minister of sport did the 94.7 with us.  Nah.

E-mail the the organiser,

Cedar Vadek team car was with the vets and at that specific point mentioned we had all the juniors and vets together with there team cars, i waited for the cyclists to pass and then followed.

Saw you guys pass me Team SL.  Still smilling about the tandem couple.  You passed us safely thanks.

Should have picked me up Tongue

Bateleur,

Thanks, as a cyclist myself since 87 i allways look out for my fellow cyclists while driving.

The tandem couple?

I must have missed something as i said previously playing dogems with team cars and cyclists is not fun. you need to have eyes like a chameleon to see everyone.

Hope i dont have to pick you upWink

Normally I see you two on a tandem if I am not mistaken, this time you were driving past us without dropping a sweat.

Quite right,

I sacrificed my own race to support the team. It was worth it to get the results and the appreciation from the team for our support.

Will start training again as we have a Tandem appointment with the Argus and want to improve on our time of 3h30

The cars on the road were mostly team cars and the cars with road access sponsored by Hertz. The race Comm used these Hertz cars but was used as sweepers after the license races were over. I have to add that some of the cyclist do take liberties with the team cars and also risk serious crashes

I have also had a bad exprience recently with "support" cars.  I was racing in the recent Vashumi 2 provinces race.  THe vets and ladies were grouped together and what i can remember there were at least 4 cars following us, with a lead vehicle.  With 20km's into the race, there was an attack off the front and i stood up to cover the move....at that point my handlebar decided to snap in half and i went down, not taking anyone else with me.  I fell on the right handside of the road and the 1st following car had to swerve off the road to miss me.  These 4 cars then decided not to stop and left me lying there with 4 broken ribs, 16 stiches to various parts of my body and serious tar burns.  Only a policeman came to my aid and 35minutes later the ambulance.  I have tried in vain to find out who were in those cars as i would like to give them a piece of my mind. They did not even stop to see if i was ok, they just swerved around me  and continued off into the distance.