How was the new venue for 94.7???

Guest Big H

How was the new venue for the race. Was access ok was parking ok etc. Anybody stepped in horsey dung????

I quite liked the hospitality venue area.

there was lots of space, nice big open lawns, place to sit and relax etc. etc.

Getting up to the Hospitality area from the finishline was quite a drag though, especially trying to cart a Gazebo & 6 chairs to the top!!!!

The parking thing was a bit of a bummer, so I hear, the Vito had Access Permission, so that was not a problem for me.

I quite liked the new Finish overal....

Will have to see what happens next year...

I have a feeling the route will be changing next year Ouch.

They interviewed Tanya Hartford on Sunday afternoon and she said they are looking at options but the Waterfall Estate will not be available. She said they don't want to change the route but might have to.

Anyone with suggestions for new finish venue/route ?? The only one I could think of would be to continue into Midrand instead of turning onto the R55 and use one of the conference venues like Gallagher.

Gallagher might work as a start an finish. The club is situated in Midrand. The race would be longer though and the 94.7 is the signature of the radio station. If you take the finish section as well as the start section out of the R55 and you go straight over the R55 on the R562 to Old Johannesburg road to cGallagher it is approximately an extra 12 km. I am sure they can whittle some Km's off the route in the myriad of streets in Johannesburg.

I would leave the start where it is. Do the Expo and finish at Gallagher. It is an easy ride from there to the start. Distance would then be approximately the same as this year.

You'll have to do a drop-off type thing Ian.  The "dare you" riders will have a bitching session of note if it's done like you say.

Not much difference between Kyalami and Gallagher and it's downhill. No one bitched about riding from Kyalami.

Only other way is to move the start to Old Pretoria Road in Midrand (near Gallagher) and then hit the M1 at Woodmead again. 

Kyalami to Woodlands Drive = 7.4 km

Johnnic Road at Gallagher to Woodlands drive= 8.4 km

R55 R562 crossing to Kyalami (old finish)= 7,4 km

R55 R562 crossing to Kyalami (new finish)= 9,4 km (estimated not shown on GPS map)

R55 R562 crossing to Gallagher (Johnnic Rd)= 10,6 km

That settles it then it will be Gallagher next year mmmmm mrs Hartford????

Start and finish at Wesbank Raceway - go in and out of town on N17 - don't need road closure cos there's never anything on it.

This keeps the kamikaze downhill past the zoo and if you turn before the N14 it cuts out all the cr@p on the highway and all the grot on the R55.

Then it's round my place after for tea and biccies - what a winner.